PEG delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. PEG’s anchor product – a basic solar home system that includes six lights, a phone charger, a radio, and a TV – allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene-based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
To date, PEG has raised over $60 million and has over 600 full-time staff across Ghana, Ivory Coast, Senegal, and Mali. PEG has also won numerous awards, including the prestigious 2017 Ashden International Award for excellence in sustainable energy, and was named as one of the “fastest-growing companies in Africa” by the London Stock Exchange.
Job Title: ERP Product Manager (Finance)
About The Role
Are you excited about working for a scale-up, social enterprise creating an impact on local communities? We are looking for an ERP Product manager with a strong background in Finance to reinforce our product team.
To succeed, you will have a role ranging from understanding user requirements to change management and performance measurement. You will partner closely with the Technical Project Manager and Finance team to ensure the Financial ERP transformation. This will require assuring the Product design, coherence of evolutions with the existing flows; in addition, it will be necessary to regularly interact with the developers, the other product managers, and the external partners.
PEG aims to build products that allow our clients and business teams to easily get on with the task of electrifying rural West Africa communities one home at a time. All the while ensuring that our internal processes are followed and we are able to draw actionable insights to improve performance. Understanding business processes and connecting simple software solutions which are followed by our workforce is the key focus.
- You are a financial planner or accountant who is tech-savvy and has a passion for systems and technology, and enjoys the challenges of problem-solving
- You have a strong sense of work ownership. You are accountable and able to deal with high-pressure project deadlines.
- You have excellent financial knowledge: mastering financial accounts, balance sheets, main reportings, knowing the accounting language.
- You have experience in ERP deployment (or design and implementation)
- You are an excellent communicator, speaking the language of analytical and technical teams, as well as the finance team
- You are fluent in both English and French and can embed yourself in the culture of any of our markets. You have experience of working in a multicultural environment and have demonstrated strong business understanding, problem-solving skills, and adaptability
- You are an advocate of using data to make better decisions
- BComm or BSc degree/diploma (Financial Information Systems / Business Science specializing in Finance/ Project or Product management) or relative work experience in the finance field.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar Product/Project Manager Role in Finance oriented Information
- Systems / ERP
- Accounting / FP&A / financial management experience
- Familiar with an international ERP system and open to learning very quickly if necessary
- Ability to understand the business needs and reflect them to the technical teams
- Ability to manage multiple business initiatives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to create and maintain process flows with design tools
- Excellent presentation skills that encompass clear, compelling communications
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize, plan and execute
- Startup Fintech Experience will be great
- Proficiency with ERP and/or CRM systems (preferably Odoo)
- Basic SQL or Python ability in order to understand backend scripts, e.g., Compare the backend with the system actions that affect the general ledger, trial balance reports
- Basic BI and Data Visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, Cognos to automate data reprocessing: e.g., sales extractions, customer receipts
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel or Google Suite and collaboration tools like Slack or Jira are advantageous
- Actively participate in the requirements gathering.
- Analyze challenge and estimate business requirements to collaborate on product roadmap building, Design new features
- Analyze data and provide solution requirements based on existing processes and develop new ones
- Work in collaboration with various departments to explore and extend the existing functionality of Odoo (Business/Tech)
- Maintain a specialist level of knowledge of all ERP finance modules (General Ledger, Accounts
- Receivable, Accounts Payable, Analytical Accounting, month-end, and year-end Reporting).
- Complete technical system configurations and data uploads, Guarantee the execution of tests to ensure ERP integrity.
- Facilitate review workshops, project meetings and provide training on solutions
- Act as the primary liaison for the Finance team and other key strategic planning teams
- Provide/update technical and functional documents (user manuals, training materials, process)
- Ensure user adoption, training sessions
- Report and monitor technical bugs
- You understand and champion a single source of truth mentality.
This role would ideally suit an ambitious young management professional seeking their new challenge.