PEG Africa is a leader in deploying and financing solar to households and SMEs in West Africa. Via its PAYG financing model, it enables customers to replace their perpetual spending on poor-quality polluting fuels such as kerosene and diesel with solar energy. PEG is currently serving hundreds of thousands of daily users in Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire, Senegal and Mali, and has recently expanded its financing and deployment capabilities to include solar water irrigation and bigger solar power systems for SMEs.
Job Title: New Growth Credit Manager
PEG operates 3 subsidiaries in Francophone and Anglophone West Africa covering nearly 1000 full time and commission based staff, selling thousands of products per month to underserved customers. PEG is expanding beyond its traditional PAYGO product lines into bigger solar systems and solar water pumps, which are higher-value and not PAYGO-enabled. This requires us to rethink how to assess customers’ affordability and how to define customers’ repayment framework, incentives. The ideal candidate is someone able to build solid foundations from scratch, being comfortable with challenging the status quo and thinking out of the box on how the future should look like.
- Support the development of all the new products credit-related country guidelines and support countries credit teams to translate these into local policies and processes
- Lead the implementation, monitoring and assessments of pilots in order to identify the PEG way of doing non-PAYGO lease financing
- Collaborate with other departments. (Sales, Customer service, Operations) in order to find common grounds on their role in supporting the roll-out of these new products
- Execute Credit Risk policies and procedures including call-scripts, performance monitoring and team management
- Understand repayment behavior of customers through qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Work with third parties to explore collaborations within the credit space in Ghana market
- Financial planning for all Credit departments needs, budget control and always ensuring financial viability of all the CX departments strategies
- Determine Credit risk operational strategies and implement them to ensure credit portfolio quality through adequate team productivity
- Accomplish credit teams human resource needs
The successful candidate must have:
- 5+ years senior-level experience in credit risk management, preferably in a related industry such asset finance, banking or MFIs
- Proven ability to build and manage a professional credit risk team and support functions, in a comparable industry
- Experience in the development and management of reports-based credit risk analysis Have great analytical skills
- Educated in a related field, such as business administration, credit risk or financial management
- Capacity to innovate creating processes and structures that support delivery of credit strategies
- Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented environment.
- Ability to assimilate customer feedback and lead planning and execution of high level risk management strategies
- Knowledge of the local business environment, particularly in financial services, and market cycles
- Excellent computer literacy, communication and analytical skills
- Affinity towards entrepreneurship
- Outstanding people skills with the ability to fully delegate and manage by output
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills – experience in FP&A, M&E or Product Management a plus.
- Natural ability to multitask and prioritize, plan and execute
- Optimization of credit management processes
- English fluency, French will be an added advantage
PEG is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply.