PEG delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. PEG’s anchor product – a basic solar home system that includes three lights, a phone charger and a radio – allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
To date, PEG has over $20 million and has 200 full time staff across Ghana and Ivory Coast. PEG has also won numerous awards, including the prestigious 2017 Ashden International Award for excellence in sustainable energy, and has been named as one of the “fastest growing companies in Africa” by the London Stock Exchange.
Job Title: Strategic Planning Manager
The Strategic Planning Manager will be the connecting link between data, dollars and department leaders. Reporting to the Country Director and the CEO, the Strategic Planning Manager will support to translate the strategic vision of higher management into practical, hands-on actions to be used by Department heads.
- Hold department leaders accountable for assigned action points after weekly meetings.
- Organize weekly department meetings with call center, credit, sales, finance and inventory departments.
- Co-align with data and department managers on creating and updating all kind of metrics reports.
- Influence business decisions, large and small across all areas of the company, by creating and fomenting a data and logic driven decision-making process.
- Helping to create a better understanding to forecast through reading supportive metrics and historical data
- End minutes after meetings with action items and will bring those action items up in the next weekly meetings
- Organize monthly cross country calls and send minutes.
- End weekly trend alerts, either by live meeting, or by email to prepare department managers for the weekly calls
- Attend all country management meetings.
- Consult to departmental heads when making their forecast for monthly, quarterly and year plans.
The successful candidate must have:
- 2-5+ year experience in management position in data driven organization.
- Experience in working in Africa is a big plus.
- Excellent in excel.
- Great people skills.
- Used to working with dashboards and being able to navigate and translate those dashboards to teams who are not used with working with them.
- Project or process management experience is a pro.
- Used with working in an agile environment.
- Structured mindset.
- Self Starter mentality.
- Good understanding how to influence people and get them to do the work you suggest them to do without them feeling forced.
- Understanding of being vital to the company’s success, without taking all the credits to make sure department managers still feel ownership over their departments.