Posted on :
10 Feb, 2017
10 Feb, 2017
Perseus Mining is a dual listed (Australia, Toronto) gold miner and explorer focused on the West African region. Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited (PMGL) has recently commissioned the world-class Edikan gold project in the Western Region of Ghana. Edikan Gold Mine (EGM) has a current mining reserve of 3.3M oz of gold from a resource base of 4.3M oz. The Edikan processing facility has been designed as a 5.5Mtpa processing facility with the ability to expand this to 7.9Mtpa in the future. The plant is capable of producing at a rate of 220-270,OOOoz gold per annum.
Job Title: HR Manager
Purpose of Role:
• The HR Manager will provide HR leadership focused on improving the performance of the Edikan Mine Site Operations and associated activities. To enable the attraction, engagement, retain and build the capability of the site leaders and the workforce generally. With a business focus on increased performance and productivity, the HRM will lead positive change management initiatives in consultation with the site leadership team. Maintain and improve the industrial relations policies and practices on site.
• Provide advice and support to the General Manager on all key issues
• Ensure stable and productive industrial relations
• Design and implement the Edikan business HR strategies
• Assess and anticipate HR related needs and proactively communicate with the Edikan site management team and offer HR solutions
• Identify and lead site specific HR continuous improvement projects and change management initiatives
• Implement strategic workforce planning and reporting in alignment with site Objectives
• Develop HR Policies and Procedures to ensure that the PMGL practices are aligned with the organisational best practices
• Ensure HR policies and procedures are implemented consistently, and that core values of the Company concerning employees are upheld, especially those concerned with fairness and equal opportunity
• Manage the Company’s recruitment, induction, workforce engagement, performance management and separation processes
• Design, develop and monitor the learning and development policies and procedures. Implement a comprehensive training cycle involving identification of employee learning needs, design and execution of training programmes, and evaluation to determine the impact of training.
• Manage the development and implementation of human resource planning policies and procedures involving identification of high potential employees, design of a succession planning system, and establishment of a career development system to systematically prepare people to assume higher responsibility.
• Undertake regular review of HR and Administrative systems, policies and procedures to ensure conformity with best practices
• Train, develop, coach, and mentor subordinates to perform competently in their roles and prepare them for more senior roles;
• Design and implement employee engagement initiatives to promote excellent communication amongst management and employees
• Manage and maintain all rewards and recognition systems on site.
• Liaise with unions, labour commission, labour department on employee-related matters;
• Maintains consultative and advisory relations with all departments on HR issues.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the General Manager.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field (preferably a Masters degree)
• Internationally recognised HR professional qualifications (CIPD, SHRM)
• Able to gain the respect of the other site leaders
• Experience in site generalist HR leadership
• Proven industrial relations experience
• Good investigative. analytical, problem – solving and information
• Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of good HR practices, labour law, labour regulations and policies
• Sound negotiation, mediation, communication and interpersonal skills
Location: Western Region
How to Apply For the Job
Applications will only be received by email to:
[email protected] with the job title as the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 28 February, 2017
Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited is an equal opportunity employer