Posted on :
21 Mar, 2017
21 Mar, 2017
Perseus Mining is a dual listed (Australia, Toronto) gold miner and explorer focused on the West African region. Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited (PMGL) has recently commissioned the world-class Edikan gold project in the Western Region of Ghana. Edikan Gold Mine (EGM) has a current mining reserve of 3.3M oz of gold from a resource base of 4.3M oz. The Edikan processing facility has been designed as a 5.5Mtpa processing facility with the ability to expand this to 7.9Mtpa in the future. The plant is capable of producing at a rate of 220-270,OOOoz gold per annum.
Job Title: Technical Advisor / Trainer – Electrical/Instrumentation
Purpose of Role:
• To train and mentor PMGL’s supervisors and tradespersons to develop a high calibre, technical workforce capable of managing all issues which may arise from the operation of the minerals processing facility and associated infrastructure. The position also acts in an advisory capacity ensuring that works in their discipline meet the high standards placed on it by the company and any relevant government regulations.
• Increase skill levels of Electrical & Instrumentation trade supervisors and tradesmen.
• Coach, mentor and lead teams through practical demonstration and allow staff to learn through on the job practice.
• Develop short term (daily/weekly) electrical maintenance plans with supervisors.
• Assist supervisors to coordinate planning of the electrical and instrumentation disciplines for major process plant shutdowns.
• Lead process plant troubleshooting efforts with E&I Supervisors and tradesperson.
• Review and update current Standard Operating Procedures.
• Lead, coordinate and supervise critical tasks and breakdown situations.
• Provide technical input from an E&I equipment/installation perspective into process plant improvement modifications.
• Review proposals for site installations where installation of E&I equipment is to be applied.
• Calibration of installed instrumentation.
• Develop strong relationship with Supply Chain to ensure information with respect to consumption of E&I spares is well understood and optimisation of site stock holdings is achieved.
• Support the team to maintain electrical systems by establishing and enforcing preventive and on-qoinq maintenance, and testing programs; scheduling repairs; coordinating shut-downs and installations.
• Review current role analysis and skills audit for assigned staff and identify talent gaps.
• Work with Learning & Development team to map gaps and design solutions to facilitate and monitor competency training for all Electrical & Instrumentation tradesmen positions.
Remuneration for the Role: Attractive conditions of service will be offered
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with minimum 5 years of experience or HND Electrical Engineering with 10 years of mining supervisory experience.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in electrical/ instrumentation maintenance at operating mine site
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in supervising electrical/instrumentation activities at operating process facilities.
• High calibre and technically astute person with experience in operations implementing international best practice electrical/instrumentation regimes.
• Experience in HV, LV, and PLC/SCADA systems.
How to Apply For the Job
Application will only be received by email to:
[email protected] with Technical Advisor/Trainer – Electical/Instrumentation as the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 29 March, 2017
Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited is an equal opportunity employer