Posted on :
13 Sep, 2018
13 Sep, 2018
Perseus Mining Limited is engaged in mining operations and sale of gold, mineral exploration and gold project evaluation and development in the Republics of Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire and Burkina Faso, in West Africa. The Company’s segments include Australia, Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire. The Australia segment is engaged in investing activities and corporate management. The Ghana segment is engaged in mining, mineral exploration, evaluation and development activities. The Cote d’Ivoire segment is engaged in mineral exploration, evaluation and development activities. The Company holds over 90% of Edikan Gold Mine (EGM), approximately 90% of Grumesa Gold Project, over 90% of Yaoure Gold Project and approximately 86% of Sissingue Gold Mine. It has commenced exploration at various near-mine prospects, including Bokitsi, Mampong, Pokukrom and the Agyakusu prospecting license. It has also commenced exploration at other prospects in Cote d’Ivoire, including the Mbengue, Mahale and Napie licenses.
Job Title: Tyre Fitter
Inspect tyre casings for defects, such as holes or tear and perform other basic road safety checks
• Repair damaged and worn out tyres
• Provide technical advice on which tyres need replacing and the most suitable type of tyre for vehicles
• Remove and fit tyres correctly according to established mine maintenance and engineering standards.
• Ensure that balancing and alignment are properly carried out
• Identify tyre size and inflate accordingly.
• Order replacements for tyres or tubes.
• Prepare rims and wheel drums for reassembly by scraping, grinding, or sandblasting.
• Assist mechanics and perform various mechanical duties, such as changing oil or checking and replacing batteries.
• And any other duty assigned by the Supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
• NVTI Trade certification or its equivalent from a recognized institution
• A minimum of four (4) years’ working experience in a similar role
• Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving license E
• Ability to work in a competent and efficient manner, independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to follow checklists and make sure all procedures and checks are completed correctly.
• Good attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Good standards of housekeeping.
• Must be organized and self-motivated with high energy
• Reliable, high attention to details and honest
How to Apply
Applications will only be received by email to: [email protected] with Tyre Fitter as the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 21 September, 2018
Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited is an equal opportunity employer.