Posted on :
16 Mar, 2017
16 Mar, 2017
Perseus Mining is a dual listed (Australia, Toronto) gold miner and explorer focused on the West African region. Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited (PMGL) has recently commissioned the world-class Edikan gold project in the Western Region of Ghana. Edikan Gold Mine (EGM) has a current mining reserve of 3.3M oz of gold from a resource base of 4.3M oz. The Edikan processing facility has been designed as a 5.5Mtpa processing facility with the ability to expand this to 7.9Mtpa in the future. The plant is capable of producing at a rate of 220-270,OOOoz gold per annum.
Job Title: Senior Contract Officer
Purpose of Role:
• The role will assist in the ongoing/future contracts management for PMGL. The successful candidate will assist in the establishment of contracts deliverables outcomes that effectively meet business objectives. Liaise with the third party agents and contractors to ensure adherence to contact parameters.
• Prepare all tender and contract package material as required.
• Prepare all scopes of work and invitation to tender (ITT) packages in conjunction with contract owners.
• Ensure signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility, awareness and interpretation to support implementation.
• Assess all invoicing and monthly claims against contracts in advance of approval by contract owners.
• Receive in Pronto all service related invoices post approval by requisite authority.
• Develop and implement processes for contract management in compliance with PMGL policies.
• Coordinate, attend and document all contract meetings with each service provider each month.
• Maintain requisite schedules and reports showing contract progress by each contractor against contract progress SChedules.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, external customers and suppliers.
• Identify and respond effectively to customer needs and negotiate effectively with suppliers in the resolution of disputes.
• Analyse data and prepare reports and recommendations to senior officers.
• Work as part of a team to deliver project outcomes within specified parameters including timeframes and objectives.
• Evaluate economic impact of terms and conditions options of contracts and its benefits to PMGL.
• Maintain the PMGL Contracts register.
• Ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal are completed promptly.
• Any other duties that commensurate the role
Remuneration for the Role: Attractive conditions of service will be offered
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/Business Administration with specialization in Contract Management/Engineering from a recognised University. A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
• Good understanding of Ghana Contracts Act
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to review, develop and implement guidelines and operating processes.
• A team player with the ability to maintain good internal/external work relationships.
• Ability to use Excel or other database to manipulate data.
• High degree of professionalism, flexibility, diplomacy, respect for confidentiality and strong work ethic.
• Reliable, high attention to details and honest
• Must have business acumen.
• Ability to identify improvements and implement changes.
• Proactive mind-set and ability to self-motivate.
• Energetic, ability to prioritize and work independently.
• Strong organization and planning skills.
How to Apply
Application will only be received by email to: [email protected] with Senior Contract Officer as the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 29 March, 2017
Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited is an equal opportunity employer