Perseus Mining Limited (ASX/TSX code: PRU) has forged a reputation as a strong, diversified West African-focused gold production, development and exploration company.
With the acquisition of Amara Mining PLC in April 2016, Perseus has built a solid project portfolio, comprising the Edikan Gold Mine (EGM) in Ghana, which has produced approximately 200,000 ounces of gold per year since 2012, as well as the Sissingué and Yaoure projects under development in Côte d’Ivoire.
Perseus has a number of other projects in West Africa that it expects will provide growth opportunities through further successful exploration.
Job Title: Electrical Instrumentation Superintendent
The incumbent would be responsible to ensure the accurate and timely processing of all activities related to electrical maintenance, answer queries and handle all requests related to electrical maintenance which includes problem-solving and judgment.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of all activities related to electrical maintenance
- Identify, implement and manage Electrical &Instrumentation projects
- Review the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate problems timely, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensure availability of supplies of parts and materials to meet operational needs
- Ensure Minerals Commission and Machinery Inspection regulations relating to Electrical and &Instrumentation are met at all times
- Implement and maintain safety, health and environmental policies and procedures, and ensure to maintain a healthy working environment
- Maximise equipment utilization and minimize downtimes
- Comply with established methodologies and quality standards related to electrical maintenance while at the same time recommending new or alternate approaches
- Develop and implement effective electrical and instrumentation standards and procedures
- Train and develop section employees to uphold the high performance standard
- Must be able to read, interprete, and troubleshoot electrical schematics/drawing
- Perform duties of a competent Electrical Engineer under the Mineral’s and Mining Act and any other duties associated with the role
Qualifications and Skills:
- BSc Electrical Engineering from a recognised University
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience at the Supervisory level in a mining industry
- A minimum of 5 years indepth knowledge of Siemens PLS and i-Fix SCADA systems is essential
- Must possess the Engineering Superintendent certificate of Competency from the Mineral Commission
- A valid Ghanaian Driving License
- Current advanced first aid certificate
- Formal leadership and management, and skill development training
- A formal certificate in Occupational health and safety regulations
- Environmental management principles
- Dangerous goods – Cyanide code
- Planning and Scheduling formal training
- Root cause failure analysis