The purpose of the role is to effectively and safely operate the gold recovery circuits, including gravity, elution, carbon regeneration and other gold room activities.
Job Title: Gold Room Operator
- The position is based in Ayanfuri
- The position comes with an attractive salary package;
- S/He reports to the Gold Room Supervisor.
- Monitor the gold recovery circuits’ performance to achieve set operating targets;
- Regularly report on sectional performance to the Gold Room Supervisor;
- Accurately record operating data on log sheets and, make process changes to ensure set operating guidelines are achieved;
- Regularly check on operating plant and equipment;
- Operate and maintain a safe working environment and conduct safe work practices;
- Ensure that PMGL safety standards with respect to mechanical equipment and installations are adhered to;
- Conduct formal and informal risk assessments;
- Report all hazards, incidents and, unsafe acts of work;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Gold Room Supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of a Senior High School Certificate;
- Must have at least 1 year working experience;
- Must have the ability to perform simple Math calculations accurately;
- Knowledge in Knelson Concentrator operations will be an added advantage;
- Proficiency in English Language – Read and Write;
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Must have the ability to work under minimum supervision;
- Demonstrate high level of integrity, respect, professionalism, commitment and be a team player.
How to Apply
Applications will only be received by email to [email protected] with Gold Room Operator as the subject line of the email