Perseus Mining Limited is engaged in mining operations and sale of gold, mineral exploration and gold project evaluation and development in the Republics of Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire and Burkina Faso, in West Africa. The Company’s segments include Australia, Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire. The Australia segment is engaged in investing activities and corporate management. The Ghana segment is engaged in mining, mineral exploration, evaluation and development activities. The Cote d’Ivoire segment is engaged in mineral exploration, evaluation and development activities. The Company holds over 90% of Edikan Gold Mine (EGM), approximately 90% of Grumesa Gold Project, over 90% of Yaoure Gold Project and approximately 86% of Sissingue Gold Mine. It has commenced exploration at various near-mine prospects, including Bokitsi, Mampong, Pokukrom and the Agyakusu prospecting license. It has also commenced exploration at other prospects in Cote d’Ivoire, including the Mbengue, Mahale and Napie licenses.
Job Title: Auto Electrician
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects.
- Attend to defects raised on pre-start, breakdown and inspection reports and interrogate operators for detailed information on malfunction where necessary.
- Provide relevant feedback to the supervisor and co-workers regarding equipment performance and conditions
- Develop, modify, construct and install related equipment required for the safe operation of all equipment within area of responsibility.
- Investigate, diagnose and perform trade related maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery according to the Company’s work management practices and participate in root cause analysis of failures when required.
- Perform periodic and scheduled inspections to maintain PMGL’s assets according to established mine maintenance and engineering standards.
- Keep accurate and timely equipment maintenance records by recording service and repairs
- And any other duty assigned by your Supervisor
Required Skills or Experience
- Trade Certification in Auto Electrical or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must have at least five (5) years working experience in mining maintenance field.
- Must possess a valid driving license
- Experienced with Preventive/Predictive Maintenance processes on Mobile equipment (Light Vehicles)
- Must possess adequate craft knowledge and skill to accurately estimate labour hours, material requirement and skills needed to complete a job.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings, parts and service manuals for Company equipment and plan jobs in coordination with colleagues.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the Duty of Care Standards, Occupational Health & Safety
- Good analytical, problem solving, communication skills and ability to prioritise workloads
- Must be organized and self-motivated with high energy
- Reliable, high attention to details and honest
How to Apply
Applications will only be received by email to [email protected] with Auto Electrician as the subject line of the email. The closing date for this application is
21st September, 2018.
Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited is an equal opportunity employer.