Perseus became a multi-mine, multi-jurisdiction gold producer in January 2018 when it poured first gold at its Sissingué Gold Mine in Côte d’Ivoire. Sissingué is Perseus’ second gold mine, having previously developed the Edikan Gold Mine in Ghana, which has produced about 200,000 ounces of gold per year from Edikan since 2012.
Job Title: Supply Chain Superintendent
- Provide leadership (build, train and guide) to the Supply Chain team to provide an effective, efficient service on PMGL’s behalf.
- Contribute to the achievement of the company’s objectives and meet targets, within cost, quality, safety and time parameters.
- Fulfil all statutory responsibilities and in accordance with applicable statutory legislation and regulations.
- Develop, implement, maintain and constantly improve the systems and processes of warehouse, logistics, procurement and all areas of responsibility.
- Plan, develop and implement the supply section’s annual business plan.
- Develop, present and implement a stock take programme and plan that ensures accuracy and meets PMGL requirements.
- Review/approval of quotations in accordance with delegated powers.
- Put in place control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
- Develop the company’s inventory management strategy with the aim of controlling costs within budgetary limits, generating savings, rationalizing inventory and maximizing available working capital.
- Ensure layout and security of warehouse facility on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure standardized receival, storage, movement, and distribution of materials in the warehouse in accordance to best practices and company procedures.
- Efficiently and safely manage incoming and outgoing freight to ensure timely and secure deliveries to and from site.
- Review and analyze the supply department’s inventory levels to optimize stock levels whilst maintaining effective supplies on site and value of inventory carried.
- Develop and schedule regular review process of inventory catalogue (i.e. min/max, Auslang standards) and critical spares identification in coordination with relevant internal customer.
- Ensure all inventory items are catalogued in accordance with Company practices and procedures and recognized cataloguing standard.
- Ensure that appropriate inventory control systems and procedures are in place
- Any other duties which would be assigned by supervisor based on the exigencies of the business
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in a Supply Chain management discipline
- Recognized professional certification in Procurement, Supply, Logistics and/or Inventory would be an advantage
- Minimum 10 years in senior supply chain and materials management roles in a large scale mining environment
- A proven successful track record of leading teams and managing people
- Supply, logistics & warehousing management system experience (Preferably PRONTO)
- Demonstrated commitment to creating and maintaining a safe working environment
- Cataloguing and inventory control expertise
- Parts interpretation expertise
- Highest proven standard of integrity and honesty
- Strong organization, planning, negotiation, problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Reliable and high attention to details; research skills and understanding of data privacy standards
- A team player and with the ability to work under intense pressure
How to Apply
Applications will only be received by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Supply Chain Superintendent as the subject line of the email.
The closing date for this application is 28th June, 2018.
Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited is an equal opportunities employer