The successful candidate would assist in providing effective leadership in all aspects of occupational health, safety and environment to meet Edikan Gold Mine, corporate and statutory requirements and take proactive steps in entrenching safety as an inherent culture in the mine.
Job Title: Health, Safety And Environment (HSE) Superintendent
- Act as the focal person on all operational occupational health and safety issues on the mine ensuring that the overall safety programmes, plans, and initiatives on the mine are effectively implemented and best practices upheld always to the required standards.
- Coordinate behavioural change communication training programmes on safety for targeted groups, including ERT members, and employees ensuring the safety best practices across the mine.
- Manage and guide all safety investigations for all relevant incidents (minor to major/severe) in line with established corporate procedures, statutory procedures and best practices (including “ICAM”, etc) and close out timeously and effectively, integrating all learning outcomes into the operations.
- Ensure the maintenance of a comprehensive and updated Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems/ Standards mine-wide.
- Manage the timely submission of permitting and licensing applications to the relevant authority or agency in a timely manner.
- Work with the Security Department to ensure the Visitor’s safety induction process is adhered to at all times and all related documentation are managed efficiently.
- Implement all safety related policies effectively (including random alcohol testing is conducted on an area, individual, section and /or incidents as required) and work with the mine clinic on issues as directed by the Supervisor.
- Work with Edikan departments to ensure HSE aspects are integrated into the project execution at all phases and in all operational areas.
- Ensure site safety signages are current, relevant and sufficient towards embedding safety as an inherent culture at Edikan
- Any other duties which would be assigned by Supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- A degree in Engineering related fields (such as Civil, Mining, Geological, and Metallurgical), OHS or relevant field.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years HSE managerial experience working in a mining or related industrial operation.
- Must have Health, Safety and Environment Superintendent’s Certificate of Competency from the Ghana Mineral’s Commission.
- A certificate/diploma in NEBOSH is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
- Must have a detailed understanding and experience in the application of legislative framework and international guidelines related to environmental management systems.
- Must have strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with implementation and maintenance of ISO 14001 and or similar HSE Management Systems and standards.
How to Apply
- Applications will only be received by email to [email protected] with Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Superintendent as the subject line of the email.
- The closing date for this application is Thursday, 28th February 2019.
Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited is an equal opportunity employer.