Petroplan are recruiting for a Senior Operations Engineer to join an independent Oil and Gas company based in Ghana.
This is a permanent role, on a full-time basis in Ghana (no rotation)
The position supports the OIM and will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to develop into a full time OIM. The individual will provide support in delivering budget and work planning activities, as well as planning long term strategic and onshore activities. We are looking for a candidate who can contribute to their major offshore production growth in Ghana.
Job Title: Senior Operations Engineer
Staff position: salary dependent on experience
- Support the offshore organisation in realizing safety and operational excellence and promoting a safety culture.
- Represent OIM in appropriate contractor performance reviews with a focus on safety and operational excellence.
- Deputise for offshore management roles when required and demonstrate visible commitment and leadership to achieve excellent EHS performance when qualified and deemed competent for delegate role.
- Onshore Representative of the Operational Safety Case ensuring compliance with the Safety Case requirements and ensuring workforce understands risks and technical support teams ensure safeguards are in place to mitigate risks.
- Responsible for development of an installation EHS Plan to support improving health, safety and environmental performance in collaboration with offshore leadership team and endorsement from the onshore leadership team.
- Member of the emergency response team onshore and in particular bridging between the OIM and the onshore incident commander.
- Operations are executed in a manner that meets or achieve good Oil & Gas Industry Standards relevant policies, standards, and procedures, and with legislation.
- Ensure 28- and 90-day plans are effectively planned, and maintenance and inspection programmes meet maintenance management system requirements.
- Liaise with onshore leadership team to ensure work deferrals have appropriate approvals, ensuring performance standards are maintained.
- Support breakdown work to achieve the planned plant availability and maintenance of systems integrity and class requirements.
- Coordination with vendors, contractors, and onshore technical support.
- Member of operations readiness reviews for operations or project work activities to ensure the changes or campaigns are executed safely and efficiently.
- Work closely with 3rd Party Contractors to ensure that all EHS, Security, Production, Maintenance, Integrity and Marine related processes meet standards.
- Support offshore leadership team to ensure work activities have appropriate financial commitments and approvals before commencing work.
- Provide input to annual budgeting process in line with integrated asset planning expectations.
- Ensure offshore commitments have appropriate management focus to ensure Inspection and surveys meet independent verification body and legislative requirements.
- Responsible for collating offshore crew records to ensure crew is adequately trained and competent to meet operational and emergency duties.
- Ensure offshore drills and exercises test plans to reduce risk from offshore operations and feedback to OIM.
- Member of loss reporting and review team to ensure production management expectations are delivered and loss reporting actions are implemented.
- Member of incident review team as appropriate to ensure all root causes of incidents, accidents and non-conformances are reported, and corrective actions taken.
- Mentor local Ghana staff, in order for them to acquire the necessary skills and experience to develop into Operations Management positions.
- Industry experience preferably within the FPSO operations environment of which 5 years’ experience in offshore capacity in Offshore Operations.
- Knowledge of FPSO management of offshore safety, production operations, maintenance, integrity management and deep-water drilling operations.
- Knowledge of EHS management systems and application of EHS working practices to a high standard.
- Recent related experience within the international offshore oil & gas industry.
- Ideally have business/commercial experience.
- Proven man-management capability, team builder/leader experience, and good written and oral communication skills are also essential.
- Previous experience in a leadership role with similar scope of work and responsibilities.
- Computer literate and effective with “Office” software suite.
- Management and interpersonal skills to interact with and coordinate the activities of contractors and within own multi-discipline project team.
- OIM Assessment & regulations would be preferable and required for delegation.
- Management of Major Emergencies training would be preferable and required for delegation.
Education And Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering OR an equivalent Tertiary Level Education
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What’s more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today’s world of work – it’s about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you’re looking for from your next role.