Posted on :
28 Nov, 2017
28 Nov, 2017
PSGH is the umbrella professional association of all registeredPharmacists in Ghana. It is a non-governmental organisation with statutory positions on the Pharmacy Council and other organisations relating to pharmacy or medicines. The Society plays advocacy, organisational, educational and control roles locally and internationally.
The PSGH was started as the Pharmaceutical Society of Gold Coast on the 19th of December 1935 out of the former Gold Coast Pharmacists and Druggist Union and the Chemists Defiance Association, which existed before 1929. It was founded by a group of Pharmacists led by the late Mr. William Ayiah Hanson. The Society became the Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana on the 19th of October 1957.
Job Title: Editor
Responsible To: Executive Secretary
Accountable To: Communication Committee, Executive Secretary
• To oversee and manage the print and electronic publications as well as website of the PSGH
• Plan the contents of publications according to the publications’s style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements
• Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability or supervise other who do this work
• Verify facts, dates and statistics, using standards reference sources
• Review and approve proofs submitted by composing room prior to publication production
• Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal
• Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials submitted for publication and confer with authors regarding changes in content, style or organisation or publication
• Meet frequently with artists, typesetters, layout personnel, marketing directors, and production managers to discuss projects and resolve problems
• Supervise and coordinate work of reporters and other editors
• Make manuscript acceptance or revision recommendations to the publisher
• Interview and hire writers and reporters or negotiate contracts, royalties and payments for authors of freelancers
• Arrange for copyrights permissions
• Perform duties assigned by the Executive Secretary
• This job description is intended as a guide to the principal duties and responsibilities for the post and should not be considered an exhaustive list. It is subject to change in line with future development of the pharmaceutical society of Ghana.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a pharmacist with at least 5 years post-registration experience
• A relevant postgraduate degree
• Prior experience in similar capacity
• Age Limit: Not more then 35 years
In addition to the above, the prospective candidate should write in not mroe than two (2) A4 sheets with double-spaced typing of front size 12, his or her vision to transform the publications and communication of the PSGH
Salary Conditions: Attractive and Negotiable
How to Apply
Applications with the subject heading “Editor” should be emailed to: [email protected] With cover letter, CV and copies of relevant certificates and documents.
Closing Date: 22 December, 2017