Pharmacy is the science and technique of preparing and dispensing drugs. It is a health profession that links health sciences with chemical sciences and aims to ensure the safe and effective use of pharmaceutical drugs.
The scope of pharmacy practice includes more traditional roles such as compounding and dispensing medications, and it also includes more modern services related to health care, including clinical services, reviewing medications for safety and efficacy, and providing drug information. Pharmacists, therefore, are the experts on drug therapy and are the primary health professionals who optimize use of medication for the benefit of the patients.
Job Title: Learning & Development Officer
- Contribute to the definition, framework and approach to training and building skills and knowledge for all employees within the business
- Collaborate with managers and employees to build training and development needs for employees
- Identify training and development needs within an organisation through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with business managers and human resources department
- Design and expand training and development programmes based on the needs of the organisation and the individual;
- work in a team to produce programmes that are satisfactory to all relevant parties in an organisation;
- Consider the costs of planned programmes and keep within budgets and assess the returns on investment of any training or development programme;
- Devise individual learning plans;
- Produce training materials for in-house courses;
- Manage the delivery of training and development programmes and, in a more senior role, devising a training strategy for the organisation;
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discuss with managers;
- Evaluate training and development programmes;
- Amend and revise programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes that occur in the work and business environment;
- Help line managers and trainers solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups;
- Keep up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses;
- having an understanding of e-learning techniques, and where relevant, being involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages;
- Research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and presenting this research.
- Support line managers and key stakeholders to identify training and development needs
- Undertake joint diagnosis and action planning to improve their effectiveness
- Work with line managers and key stakeholders to source, develop and deliver compelling, stretching and inspiring training modules to enhance employee development.
- Provide advice on best practices, sign posting and specific learning requirements.
- Encourage line managers to identify ways that all employees can contribute in order to influence business direction and ways of working.
- Maintain a well-developed awareness of the commercial awareness within which the business operates.
- Experience in management development and soft skills training
- Experience in designing and delivering a variety of training solutions
- Budget management experience
- People Management experience
- Good communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Facilitating, influencing and coaching skills
- Solution focused
- A good First Degree, preferably in Human Resource, from a reputable institution
- At least 3 years’ experience in learning and development
- Proven track record in commercial and team leadership at a minimum of a senior officer level
How to Apply
All interested candidates should send their CVs to [email protected] not later than Jan 20th 2017