Posted on :
16 Jul, 2014
16 Jul, 2014
Plan Ghana, an international child centred community development Organization is looking for a dynamic and results oriented person to fill the position of Grants Coordinator.
Works with the grants team in identifying grants opportunities from donors and contribute significantly to the fund-raising efforts of Plan Ghana. Also facilitates ethical checks on local partners and ensures the smooth coordination of all concept notes/proposal development efforts at the national, regional/program unit and community levels.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
Grants Reporting: Supports Grants reporting to ensure they meet donor requirements and produce to negative/adverse feeback.
To do this, the position holder:
• Develops , updates and maintains a schedule for grants reporting, detailing the donor reporting requirement, type of reports and deadlines
• Facilitates timely follow ups on donor deadlines.
Grants Acquisition and Management
• Ensure readily available data per Country Strategic Program (CSP) country program (CP) objectives for easy reference for proposal and concept note development
• Develops a schedule for local resource mobilization within Plan Ghana
• Calls for proposals and concept notes from PUs.
• Maintains a database of all proposals received for easy reference by grouping the proposals received by CP Objectives ad by PUs
• Maintains a database of reports to NOs per PUs
• Maintains a photo bank on grant funded projects per PU
• Reviews concept notes and proposals developed from the field per CSP CP Objectives for submission to the Business Development Manager
• Monitors Grants implementation in the field
Donor Relationship Management:
• Facilitates timely follow ups on donor deadlines and ensures that all donor queries are adequately addressed
• Reviews reports due donors and ensures that reports meet donor reporting requirements as per Grant Agreements and recommend actions to Business Development Manager.
• Supports the preparation and review of grants proposal budgets
• Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Criteria for success
• High quality and timely delivery of project activities in communities
• Satisfactory partner organisation activities
Dealing with Problems
• Collates and provides technical support for the implementation of resource mobilization activities
• Puts in place systems to monitor and provides technical soundness to all Grants projects
• Works with minimum supervision
• Analyses issues for decision making to strengthen and support delivery of Grants activities that meet organisational requirement
Communications and Working Relationships
• Medium contact with Plan partners for the grants acquisition and management
• Has high contact with all Country Office and Programme Unit Staff to support locally raised funds for grants implementation
• Maintains medium contact with partners, Multilateral companies and organisations operating in Ghana.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors and Experience Required To Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelors Degree in Development Studies / Social Sciences or related area
• Have at least three (3) years working experience in a related field
• Has good understanding of contemporary resource mobilization and management
• Experience in Gender, Advocacy and Community Development related issues
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Internet Software and Power Point)
• Understanding of International Donor requirements
Demonstrated Behaviors needed by the post holder to successfully perform the role.
• Continuous commitment to high performance and improvement
• Ability to work in a team
• Committed to the protection of the rights of the child
• Communicates clearly and effectively
• Knowledge in development issues affecting children
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice
• Crisis management skills
• Negotiation and influencing skills
• Good business development and marketing skills
• Proven leadership and supervisory skills
• Excellent human relations skills
• Excellent communication and IT skills
• Tactical planning skills
• Facilitation, presentation, training and communication skills
• Project management skills
• Monitoring and evaluation skills
• Critical thinking and analytical skills
Level of contact with Children:
Mid contact: the job responsibilities of this position require occasional contact with children and it is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit their applications with a comprehensive CV and a copy of the certificate of their highest academic qualification to the address below. Female candidates are encouraged to apply:
The Country Human Resource Manager
Private Mail Bag
Osu Main Post office
Closing Date: 25 July, 2014