Posted on :
24 Jan, 2023
24 Jan, 2023
Job Title: Project Manager (BE SMART)
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
“BE SMART” Strategy and management
• Facilitate the work planning and management of the Be Smart Project in the Oti and Eastern regions.
• Ensure that project results are achieved and reported on through the project’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system.
• Ensure that the Be Smart project delivers high-quality programming that is compliant with best practices as outlined in the Be Smart project proposal, Plan International Ghana Country Strategic, and relevant Ghana government guidelines and policies.
• Manage partnerships and relationships with relevant stakeholders in project planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting for effective linkages.
• Actively engage with stakeholders and government agencies involved in Be Smart implementation and formal protection agencies in Ghana in order to promote collaborative planning towards long-term sustainable solutions.
• Support in engaging local partners for social mobilization, group formation, and training under the Be Smart project.
• Facilitate and organize review meetings with the regional and national offices with stakeholders in collaboration with other relevant organizations.
• Liaise with other Technical Specialists and other project staff to ensure effective integration of Plan programs.
• Ensure Gender is mainstreamed in all Be Smart-related activities and maintain gender sensitivity towards staff and Plan associates to avoid gender discrimination.
• Ensure Safeguarding and Child Protection are mainstreamed in all Be Smart-related activities.
• Manage the financial, logistical, and reporting aspects of Be Smart partnership assuring compliance with Plan and donor reporting requirements.
• Actively participate in all network meetings (both local and international) to learn and share best practices for management decision-making.
Qualification Required & Experience
Knowledge and Experience:
• University degree in public health and at least 5 years experience in a health and protection-related field.
• At least 5 years, of experience working in an international organization similar to Plan International.
• Strong understanding and proven application of management.
• A proven passion for innovation and a commitment to protection-focused programming as well as familiarity with current trends on SGBV.
Fluency in English
• A successful track record in supervising, designing, coordinating, managing, and implementing donor-funded projects.
• Proven commitment to mainstream gender and equality issues.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to use different communication media effectively, including email, telephone, Teams, Zoom, and written correspondence.
• Experience in designing integrated participatory strategies, community mobilization, and capacity development.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen, coach, mobilize others and develop effective relationships with internal and external colleagues, partners, volunteers, and youth participation.
• Ability to work well with diverse teams from cross-cultural and social contexts.
• Excellent problem-solving abilities, finding innovative solutions to difficult and complex challenges.
• Ability to manage competing priorities, work with deadlines and attend to projects and work processes.
• Energetic and collaborative spirit, with the ability to work independently and take initiative, and a willingness to develop new skills on the job.
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail and willingness and ability to travel locally.
• Experience conducting research and evaluation of programs.
• Strong knowledge of the Rights of the Child and Safeguarding issues.
Location: Ho, Volta Region