Plan International Ghana is looking for a highly qualified, proactive, motivated and resourceful person to fill the position of a District Coordinator for the (RWASH) Project
Job Title: Rural Water Sanitation Hygiene Coordinator
This position is to support activities in promoting safe, affordable and sustainable drinking water on R-WASH Project with special attention on WASH needs of vulnerable girls and women in the Agona East District.
- The position is based in the Central Region.
- The position reports to the Project Manager. Include but not limited to the following;
- Facilitate and supervise project activities in the schools and communities in the 12 RWASH communities in the Agona East District.
- Work with key partners to ensure assigned communities achieve ODF status
- Coordinate robust analysis and understanding of WASH policy and political contexts in which R-WASH will work in Agona East District.
- Coordinate the implementation of R-WASH Gender Equality and Influencing Strategy which aims to ensure key partners have the tools, skills and capacities to fulfil core WASH gender standards across the beneficiary regions
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of progress reports relating to the implementation of the Gender and Influencing strategy on WASH.
- Works with the R-WASH team to regularly review and evaluate R-WASH project activities and shares lessons learnt with Project Manager.
- Coordinates monitoring and supervision support for the District, Water and Sanitation Teams.
- Contributes to the collection and documentation of best practices and lessons learnt from project implementation and to disseminate results to local stakeholders according to Plan International Ghana and RWASH guidelines.
- Undertakes regular field visit to project communities to provide technical support to Natural leaders, Water and sanitation committees, opinion leaders, NGOs/CSO’s, etc.
- Works with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to adapt and develop practical tools and procedures to facilitate project monitoring and manage decision-making.
- Assists the Project Manager to prepare progress reports.
- Provides support to training of the Natural Leaders/WSMT members to update and adapt IWASH concept.
- Establishes close collaboration with District Assembly, EHSD, DWST and other NGOs into water and sanitation in the project communities and the district. Ensures that the project is accountable to all relevant stakeholders, by making program results and information readily available.
- Participates in project review meetings, workshops and training. When required, prepares and makes presentations at meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Fulfills Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to protect children from all forms of abuse.
- Performs any other duties to be assigned to support the achievement of organizational goals.
Required Skills or Experience
- University degree in Social Science, Planning, Environmental Science, Gender & Development, Demography or a related field.
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in a similar role within NGOs or Government institution/programs at local level.
- Demonstrated ability to process information in and orderly and organized style.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to facilitate and participate in processes for all stakeholders for implementing grant projects.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Develops winning grant proposals.
- Works in a participative community approach.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application letters and CV quoting only the Job Position in the subject line to [email protected]
- The deadline for submission of application is close of business Friday, 8th April, 2019.
- All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
- Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Plan International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the protection of children and gender equality and our recruitment procedure reflects this. Selected applicants will be expected to comply with the child protection policy of the organization.