Posted on :
7 Aug, 2018
7 Aug, 2018
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion, and discrimination, and it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters, and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience, and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Job Title: Logistics and Procurement Coordinator
We seek to hire a dynamic and results-oriented person to fill the position of Logistics and Procurement Coordinator.
Dimensions of Role:
The Logistics and Procurement Coordinator is responsible for ensuring effective and efficient coordination of office related activities towards implementation of the country’s programme. Under the direction of the Country Logistics & Procurement Manager, the position holder would assist in the day-to-day activities of planning, manage, coordinating, and superintending operations, support, monitoring and reporting tasks.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
• Processes the purchase and supply of goods and materials for the CO as per the Operating Manual (OM) and local • Procurement Guidelines and procedures to ensure value for money is obtained at all times;
• Ensures that all vendors details, and requisitions etc. are created and entered into SAP;
• Processes requisitions, price comparison, purchase order, goods receipt, purchasing history/records etc. in SAP;
• Processes payment requests for approval;
• Posts/enters goods receipts into SAP for payment
• Posts/enters material stocks and inventory into SAP and process same;
• Processes and follows-up on the clearance of imported items in order to track and maintain a record of all imported goods/material to avoid reports of missing items;
• Assists in the preparation and processing of bidding documents for public tender offers to ensure the fair and transparent process for securing the services of consultants and contractors;
• Ensures the effective allocation, utilization and management of vehicles for Plan International’s activities as per the OM and local Procurement Guidelines and procedures with a low incidence of vehicular accidents and reduced cost of repairs and maintenance;
• Ensures the adequate supply of utilities and maintenance of office equipment and machinery for the smooth flow of work in the office with minimum disruption of work outflow;
• Ensures the effective management of stores to ensure the effective implementation of programme activities with no reports or incidents of mismanagement of stores;
• Reviews, updates and maintains the Fixed Assets Register for the CO to keep and track all assets with no reports of loss of assets;
• Assists in the preparation, update and maintenance of contracts to keep and track all contracts without any reports on programme disruptions due to maladministration of contracts;
• Ensures the office and its environment are well kept and maintained to facilitate the smooth flow of office work without any adverse disruptions;
• Monitors and manages the team of Front Desk Assistant and Drivers to ensure they perform effectively and provide the required support services;
• Supervises the work of Security and Janitorial services to ensure effective work delivery;
• Keeps the Country Logistics & Procurement Manager informed of any initiative or difficulties related to the office for attention/redress for the provision of the required support services for programme implementation;
• Fulfills Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy at all times to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse;
• Produces and maintains an up-to-date supplier database and price list for easy access to the required information that would ensure prompt procurement of goods and materials for programme activities;
• Ensures Plan International’s offices and staff are insured to safeguard life and property at all times to ensure that staff work effectively without any fear of non-protection;
• Ensures Fixtures, fittings & utilities for expatriate staff are provided to ensure that they are well-settled for work without complaints about their living conditions ;
• Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals;
• Compiles and submits travel data reports for country operations;
• Management of the organization’s Close User Group (CUG) facility;
• Secures Insurance cover for Plan Ghana assets in order to limit risks;
• Responsible for the training and coaching of all administrative staff including Programme Unit (PU) Administrative Coordinators on SAP procurement;
• Processes all major payments that are above the threshold of Programme Unit Managers (PUMs);
• Responsible for the procurement of all assets for Plan Ghana;
• Oversees the importation of goods and services;
• Offering administrative coordinators technical advice on procurement activities
• Makes flight reservation for all Plan Ghana staff who intend to travel by air;
• Conducts vehicle performance analysis for all Plan Ghana vehicles;
• Collates, reviews and maintains Plan Ghana assets register;
• Making a hotel reservation for foreign visitors.
Dealing with Problems:
The complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them
This includes how much freedom the position has to make decisions; for example, “may approve invoices of up to $1,000.”
• Understands administrative requirements as per the OM and local procurement guide and procedures and provides required services to staff
• Supports with the coaching staff on the discharge of administrative functions
• Exhibits a good sense of judgment and responsibility in the performance of duties
• Works with minimum supervision
• Refers all final decision making to a senior manager.
Communications and Working Relationships:
Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
• Keeps and maintain a high contact with contractors, service providers and suppliers for the provision of goods, material, equipment, utilities repairs and maintenance that would ensure Plan International receives value for money.
• Maintains a high contact with all country office staff to receive and process requests for administrative services
• Maintains medium contact with staff from the programme unit offices to offer support, information, influence and or reasoning with regards to administration related issues.
Qualification Required & Experience
• B.Sc. in Administration or equivalent
• Minimum of 4 years working experience in a similar position.
• Experience working with an international NGO would be an advantage
Demonstrated behaviors needed by the post-holder to successfully perform the role:
• Timeliness and proactive in the discharge of duties
• Good planning organizational abilities
• Communicates in a manner that inspires confidence and professionalism
• Good supervisory and listening abilities
• Open to feedback and willingness to adapt to new approaches and processes
• Ability to interface with all levels of management
• Analytical and attention to detail
• Good team player
• Safety and security conscious
• Good presentation and attention to details
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
• Good communication and ICT skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good client/customer relations
• Good writing and reporting skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Strong team player
• High level of discretion
• Planning & organizing
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the link provided in the advert, not later than 17th August, 2018. To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click below To Apply Online • Detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of job responsibilities; • Cover letter (stating the position applied for); • Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualification, as well as national service certificate (if applicable); • Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related); • Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Closing Date: 17 August, 2018 Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted. Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Plan is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the protection of children and gender equity and our recruitment procedure reflect this. Selected applicants will be expected to comply with the child protection policy of the organization.