Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Dimensions of Role:
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- Front Desk Assistant, Drivers, (outsourced Janitors) report to the role
- Area of Responsibility – Program Unit
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- Process the purchase and supply of goods and materials for the PU as per the Field Operations Manual (OM), local procedures and policies to ensure value for money is obtained at all times;
- Process and follow-up on the clearance of imported items in order to track and maintain a record of all imported goods/material to avoid reports of missing items;
- Assist in the preparation and processing of bidding documents for public tender offers to ensure a fair and transparent process for securing the services of consultants and contractors;
- Ensure the effective allocation, utilization and management of vehicles for Plan’s activities as per OM, local policy and local procedures with low incidence of vehicular accidents and reduced cost of repairs and maintenance;
- Ensure the adequate supply of utilities and maintenance of office equipment and machinery for the smooth flow of work in the office with minimum disruption of work outflow
- Ensure the effective management of stores to ensure the effective implementation of program activities with no reports or incidents on mismanagement of stores;
- Review, update and maintain the Fixed Assets Register for the PU to keep and track all assets with no reports of loss of assets;
- Assist in the preparation, update and maintenance of contracts to keep and track all contracts without any reports on program disruptions due to maladministration of contracts;
- Ensure the office and its environment are well kept and maintained to facilitate the smooth flow of office work without any adverse disruptions ;
- Manage and supervise the team of Front Desk Assistant, Drivers and Janitors to ensure they perform effectively and provide the required support services;
- Keep the PU Manager informed of any initiative or difficulties related to the office for attention/redress for the provision of the required support services for program implementation;
- Produce and maintain an up-to date supplier database and price list for easy access to the required information that would ensure prompt procurement goods and materials for program activities;
- Ensure Plan’s offices and staff are insured to safeguard life and property at all times to ensure that staff work effectively without any fear of non-protection;
- Ensure Fixtures, fittings & utilities for expatriate staff are provided to ensure that they are well-settled for work without complaints about their living conditions;
- Fulfill Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse;
- Complies with Plan’s Code of Conduct;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals.
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required solving them
This includes how much freedom the position has to make decisions; for example, “may approve invoices up to $1,000.”
- Understands administrative requirements as per the OM and other policies and procedures and provides required services to staff
- Supports with coaching staff on the discharge of administrative functions
- Exhibits a good sense of judgment and responsibility in the performance of duties
- Works with minimum supervision
- Refers all final decision making to a senior manager.
Communications and Working Relationships:
Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
- Keeps and maintains a high contact with contractors, service providers and suppliers for the provision of goods, material, equipments, utilities repairs and maintenance that would ensure Plan receives value for money.
- Maintains a high contact with all country office staff to receive and process requests for administrative services.
- Maintains medium contact with staff from the program unit offices to offer support, information, influence and or reasoning with regards to administration related issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives: See Section 7e
– B.Sc. Administration or equivalent
– A minimum of (four) 4 years post qualification working experience in a similar position.
– Experience working with an international NGO would be an advantage
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
– Good communication and ICT skills
– Good inter-personal skills
– Good client/customer relations
– Good writing and reporting skills
– Good negotiation skills
– Strong team player
– High level of discretion
– Planning & organizing
Demonstrated behaviors needed by the post-holder to successfully perform the role:
- Timeliness and proactive in the discharge of duties
- Good planning organizational abilities
- Communicates in a manner that inspires confidence and professionalism
- Good supervisory and listening abilities
- Open to feedback and willingness to adopt to new approaches and processes
- Ability to inter-face with all levels of management
- Analytical and attention to detail
- Good team player
- Safety and security conscious
- Good presentation and attention to details
Physical Environment and Demands:
May be “typical office environment”; note if heavy lifting, climbing, excess travel, etc.
Travel requirements on field related activities
This position requires 30% of travel within the Program Unit area for field related activities.
Level of Contact with Children:
Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
The job responsibilities of this position does not require the post holder to have any one-to-one contact with children on a daily basis. There would be occasional contact with children and it is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the email address provided below, not later than 29th September, 2017.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of job responsibilities, together with a cover letter;
- Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualification, as well as national service certificate (if applicable);
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related);
- Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses