Posted on :
27 Jul, 2021
27 Jul, 2021
This section is critical for clarifying expectations of the role, providing the framework for its relationship with colleagues and providing areas of accountability against which performance can be managed.
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Programs and Projects:
• Develops and maintains good professional relations with key actors including governmental and other partners at the community, district and regional levels, organizations/institutions intervening in the development process to ensure effective stakeholder involvement and PIIA;
• Facilitates building of partnership, networks, coalitions and alliances with other stakeholders at all levels to increase program effectiveness and maintaining a well-coordinated, strong partnerships/team for successful project/programme implementation
• Facilitate the gathering of relevant information, data and development of project strategies for the development of PIG’s relevant SPAD/FAD for implementation and be responsible for the creation of project/programme outlines in the relevant systems
• Facilitate the planning, design, implementation and Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Sharing (MELS) of projects/programmes with stakeholders and using the appropriate corporate systems (PMERL) to capture such projects/programmes
• Ensuring that that there are adequate resources/tools/logistics and materials to execute projects and programmes funded by PIG
• Ensure the effective mobilization, consultation and involvement of stakeholders, beneficiaries, communities for the effective delivery of project activities
• Ensuring up-to-date comprehensive documentation of project/programmes and presenting comprehensive reports for management/donor among others and ensuring that all documentations and reports are appropriately captures in Plan International’s inc corporate systems
• Maintaining and monitoring project/programme plans, schedules, budgets and expenditures and using the appropriate corporate systems to track and report on all these indicators.
• Facilitate annual review meetings and other relevant project/programme meetings with all relevant stakeholders
• Ensure that PIG becomes the most recognized voice for all child rights related issues (especially girls) and mainstreamed all Plan International Inc values in all engagements and work.
• Represent the Program Impact and Influencing Area (PIIA) on relevant regional/municipal/District/community level committees, in meetings, and through other relevant platforms in the region/Districts and act as the link between Plan International PIIA and relevant units at all levels.
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least, First Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work, Development Studies or its equivalent.
• At least 3 to 5 years experience in frontline role in development work.
• Experience in the NGO sector preferably with child-related development issues, would be an advantage.