Posted on :
14 Feb, 2018
14 Feb, 2018
The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is a voluntary, not for profit organization that undertakes advocacy and service delivery in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Ghana.
PPAG is a Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). It is governed by respectable volunteers who are the members of the Association. The Governing body, formulate policies which are implemented by staff.
Job Title: FINANCE OFFICER
The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG), an NGO and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and a leading provider of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) information and services, hereby invites result-oriented and committed person to apply for the following vacant position to be filled in the Association.
Position: FINANCE OFFICER
Report to: FINANCE MANAGER
Job Purpose: To provide accounting support to the Association’s programmes
• Prepare projects’ monthly, quarterly, half year and annual reports and any other reports that may be assigned
• Ensure that returns from the project sites are received and properly coded to be entered into the system.
• Prepare projects’ final accounts and supporting schedules for the end- of -year audits
• Scrutinize all project returns and ensure that consistency is maintained in the internal control system and report any lapses found.
• Prepare monthly summaries of project expenses under the appropriate account codes
• Provide financial support to project staff
• Ensure that funds are available for project implementation
• Assist in the preparation of PPAG final accounts
• Undertake monthly supervision of the update of Project’s Fixed Asset Register
• Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation statements
• Make inputs of accounting entries and back-ups into the software
• Assist in preparation of project budget, Annual Programme Budget (APB) and any other financial information to Finance Manager for decision-making
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by your immediate supervisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A first degree in Business Administration (Accounting Option) or B. Commerce or any other business related field or its equivalent in Professional Accounting with a minimum of 3 years relevant working experience.
• A Certificate in ACCA/ICA will be an added advantage.
The Person Must:
• Have good knowledge of accounting systems and procedures
• Have good working knowledge in the use of accounting soft wares, especially, ACCPAC
• Have good working knowledge in the use of the computer (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Have very good presentation, communication, and report writing skills
• Have high sense of responsibility, accuracy and judgmental skills
• Be honest, transparent and reliable
• Have excellent human relations skills, youth friendly and a team player
• Be a multi-tasker
• Be able to work with little or no supervision and have an eye for details
• Be able to work for long hours and under pressure
• Be able to travel at short notice
How to Apply
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), including two referees and cell phone numbers to: The Search Committee Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) P.O. Box AN 5756, Accra-North OR DROP IN AT: PPAG Head Office, Latebiokorshie, Nasia Road OR E-MAIL:
[email protected] Closing Date: 20 February, 2018 NOTE: • People living with HIV/AIDS and disability are eligible and encouraged to apply • PPAG believes in Child and Vulnerable Adults’ protection policy • Only shortlisted applicants will be called for an interview.