The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is a voluntary, not for profit organization that undertakes advocacy and service delivery in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Ghana. PPAG is a Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). It is governed by respectable volunteers who are the members of the Association. The Governing body, formulate policies which are implemented by staff.
Job Title: Midwife
The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG), an NGO and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and a leading provider of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) information, education and services, hereby invites result-oriented and committed persons to apply for the following vacant position: Midwife
- LOCATION: PPAG Clinic, Cape Coast
- REPORT TO: Facility Head
To provide quality Sexual Reproductive Health services to clients through the clinics and outreach services.
- Provide Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) issues
- Provide SRH education/information to patients and clients
- Take charge of the Midwifery Unit
- Provide Family Planning counselling, HIV/AIDS management and treatment of STI’s and Post Abortion Care
- Manage emergency clinical cases.
- Provide curative and preventive health services in the clinic.
- Ensure the efficient use of clinical equipment and resources.
- Refer cases to the appropriate facility, if necessary.
- Assist in ensuring that clinical reports are collated and submitted as required
- Ensure effective infection control in the Clinic
- Support in the supervision and ensure the effective implementation of BCC activities in the clinic and the community
- Ensure that clients rights are adhered to
- Prepare and follow an effective referral system, where necessary
- Collate and analyze service statistics
- Liaise with other nurses and midwives to ensure that clinical standards are adhered to
- Attend meetings and training programmes as may be required
Required Skills or Experience
- A State Registered Midwifery
- Additional higher qualification in related field will be an added advantage
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant working experience, 3 of which must be in a similar position.
- Must have very good interpersonal, communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Must be honest, transparent, reliable and duty-conscious
- Must be very accommodative
- High sense of responsibility, humour, be non- judgmental and able to take initiatives
- Must be a team player and self-motivated
- Must be able to work for long hours and sometimes due to workload under pressure
- Have excellent human relationship skills and be youth friendly.
- Ability to source for information and determine new strategies for enhanced performance
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to travel at short notices
How to Apply
All interested persons with requisite quaification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), including two referees and cell phone numbers to: The Search Committee Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) P.O. Box AN 5756 Accra-North OR drop in at: PPAG Head Office, Latebiokorshie, Nasia Road OR e-mail: [email protected]
- People living with HIV/AIDS are eligible and encouraged to apply.
- Applicants in the Northern and Brong Ahafo Regions are encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for an interview.
- Closing Date: February 5, 2019.
PPAG believes in Child and Vulnerable Adults’ protection policy.