The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is a voluntary, not for profit organization that undertakes advocacy and service delivery in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Ghana. PPAG is a Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). It is governed by respectable volunteers who are the members of the Association. The Governing body, formulate policies which are implemented by staff.
Job Title: Services Delivery Manager
Reports to:Director of Programmes and Service Delivery (DP&SD)
Directly SupervisesAll facility heads/in-charges of all the clinics & other Service Delivery PointsJob Role:To be in charge of clinic Operations and improvement in Quality of CareKey Function:
· Strategically position the Association Clinics as fully self-sustaining center of excellence in the provision of Sexual and Reproductive Health (SHR) Services· Ensure sustainable medical services, coordinate training for service providers and implement service provision strategies.
· Ensure strategic expansion and sustainability of the SF network for increased access to service delivery
· Ensure clinic staff are motivated and committed to achieve set goals for all the clinics and youth centers
Job Duties And Responsibilities:
- Strategically position the Association as a center of excellence and leader in SRH Training and Services by initiating, strengthening and supporting quality of care in all PPAG Health Facilities according to IPPF, GHS service delivery guidelines and protocols as well as other standard protocols and practices in the industry
- Provide technical support and supervision to all PPAG clinics and youth centres.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of all clinics and youth centers to achieve targets, and provide technical advice to the management of PPAG
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate business plans to ensure substantive income growth from the clinics.
- Expand PPAG Social Franchise Network for increased access to quality service delivery
- Provide supportive supervision to SF network for sustainable quality service delivery
- Identifies capacity needs of service providers and provide relevant capacity building for effective management and implementation of SRH Services at service delivery points.
- Organise experience sharing and review meetings with service providers to improve performance
- Develop appropriate interventions to address Adolescent SRH issues/needs based on research findings and documents best practices and lessons learned
- Ensure all clinics have effective, functional referral system in place
- Coordinate, collate and analyze service statistics in collaboration with the M&E unit of PPAG
- Make decisions within agreed procedures on medical and service delivery matters in consultation with DP& SD and also recommends policy issues to the DP&SD
- Assists in the preparation of Annual Programming and Budgets, Half Year Reports and Annual Reports
- Liaise with other Programme Managers and Officers to ensure that project/funding agreements are adhered to
- Work with the Procurement Manager to ensure contraceptives, commodities and other clinic consumables /supplies are available in the clinics to avoid stock out.
- Support, strengthen and improve Community Based Distributers’ activities to ensure increased provision of services to clients.
- Strengthen relationship with GHS, and identify other Partners for continuous support, collaboration, service delivery and learning
- Performs any other duties assigned by the DP&SD.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Master’s Degree in the Social Sciences/Public Health/Population Studies, Nursing or any other related field with a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine, Gynecology or Public Health/Midwifery
- Knowledge and application of national service delivery guidelines desirable
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant working experience, 3 of which must be in a managerial position in the health, population and development area.
- Familiarity, extensive experience and training in Standard Operating Procedures, Quality Controls and Quality of Care as well as Quality Improvements in clinical settings
- Must have very good analytical and quantitative skills
- A good working knowledge in the use of the computer
- Very good interpersonal, communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Must be honest, transparent and reliable
- Must be youth friendly and able to take initiatives
- Initiative, imaginative, assertive, analytical ability, flexible and pleasant personality.
- High sense of responsibility and very resourceful and innovative
- Must be a team player and be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to work under pressure and be able to multitask
- Ability to travel at short notice to conduct clinical audits, supportive supervision etc
- Believes in the core values of PPAG
How to Apply
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) including two referees, cell phone numbers and e-mail addresses to: The Search Committee Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) P.O. Box AN 5756, Accra-North. OR Drop in at: PPAG Head Office, Latebiokorshie, Nasia Road OR E-mail: [email protected] Note:
- All applications should reach the above address by COB on Monday, September 24, 2018
- People living with HIV/AIDS are eligible and encouraged to apply
- Likewise female candidates are also encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- PPAG believes In Child and Vulnerable Adults’ Protection Policy and Gender Equity.