The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is a voluntary, not for profit organization that undertakes advocacy and service delivery in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Ghana. PPAG is a Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). It is governed by respectable volunteers who are the members of the Association. The Governing body, formulate policies which are implemented by staff.
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is a voluntary, not for profit organization that undertakes advocacy and service delivery in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Ghana. PPAG is an NGO and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) governed by respectable volunteers. The governing body formulate policies which are implemented by staff. PPAG, a leading provider of information and services, hereby invites result-oriented and committed persons to apply for the following vacant positions to be filled in the Association.
POSITION: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
||Director of Finance and Admin
- The HR Manager is responsible for employment policies and procedures, overseeing payroll and rewards and recognition programmes as well as managing workplace safety initiatives.
- Along with administering employee-benefit programmes, the HR Manager’s role in PPAG will involve finding, screening, recruiting new job applicants and developing training and development programmes for all employees.
- The HR Manager will be responsible for evaluating employee programmes, recommending improvements to employee relations policies and making sure that all employee-related policies in each department align with the MA’s goals and established regulations.
- He/She will be charged with reducing employee turnover and attracting top talent to fill open positions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales up or undergoes restructuring
- Plan and implement HR activities in the Association e.g. Leave schedules/administration, recruitment, orientation, staff audit, etc.
- Develop programmes to enhance employee relations and offer employee support to each staff member
- Develop adequate induction and training, ensuring that the new hire orientation process properly introduces new employees to the organizational culture
- Deliver compensation and benefit comparison reports to the executive team on a quarterly basis and make recommendations to improve the organization’s current salaries and other benefits
- Coordinate and plan manpower requirement in the Association
- Come up with new ways to measure employee morale and determine methods for improving overall employee satisfaction.
- Ensure that staff salaries and benefits are periodically reviewed to reflect current trends
- Assist in ensuring that Job Classification systems exist and used as a basis job descriptions, salary, other benefits, etc.
- Follow lay down procedures in recruiting selecting/placement of new staff, promotions, firing staff and staff separation.
- Support employee opportunities for professional development and manage succession planning of staff
- Provide the necessary support systems for payroll requirements
- Act as liaison between PPAG and outside legal and professional resources to ensure that all employment policies follow current laws and regulations
- Ensure effective and efficient administration of Performance Management system and make recommendations for Management decision-making. Assist with the performance management and review process. Develop training programmes to meet specific staff needs identified in the Performance Appraisals
- Prepare and provide report on capacity building initiatives and results
- Make recommendations for policy and organizational review as well as develop and implement new policies and serves as a custodian of all policies
- Prepare accurate and timely unit reports for documentation and decision-making purposes
- Collaborate with other institutions to ensure that good and sound organizational culture exist
- Ensure healthy management of communication systems and union relationships
- Develop and manage a vibrant welfare system and ensure a sound industrial harmony
- Ensure that the Association’s policies are compliant with Labour Laws
- Create avenues for staff relaxation and recreation
- Assist in establishing strong communication channels to ensure that staff concerns, welfare and health needs are addressed
- Ensure the existence of an updated staff records
- Ensure that training policies are updated, available, accessed and communicated to staff
- Further develop PPAG’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training programme to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Required Skills or Experience
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- A Masters’ Degree in the Human Resources Management/Public Administration or any other related field with a minimum of five (5) years relevant working experience, 3 of which must be in a managerial position.
- A professional certificate will be an added advantage
- Must have very good analytical and leadership skills
- A good working knowledge in the use of the computer
- Very good interpersonal, communication, report writing and presentation
- Must be honest, transparent and reliable
- Very good persuasive, negotiation, problem solving and goal oriented skills
- Must be youth friendly and able to take initiatives
- High sense of responsibility and very resourceful and innovative
- Must be a team player and be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to work for long hours and under pressure
- Ability to travel at short notices.
How to Apply
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) including two referees their email addresses and cell phone numbers to:
The Search Committee Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) P.O. Box AN 5786, Accra-North.
OR drop in at: PPAG Head Office, Lartebiokorshie, Nasia Road OR e-mail: [email protected] shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview