The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is a voluntary, not for profit organization that undertakes advocacy and service delivery in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Ghana. PPAG is a Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). It is governed by respectable volunteers who are the members of the Association. The Governing body, formulate policies which are implemented by staff.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to:Director of Programmes and Service Delivery (DP&SD)
Work to maximize revenue for PPAG from all income streams to achieve the resource mobilization and fundraising targets.Key FunctionTo develop and implement programmes and business models that will reposition the Association through marketing, resource mobilization and capacity building.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Develop growth strategies and plans for existing income streams and manage all the PPAG’s income generating ventures in collaboration with other managers
- Create, plan, implement, manage and oversee all aspects related to fundraising for the organization.
- With support from the DSD&P, develop fundraising strategy that identifies business and donor opportunities and which includes a donor database for the Association.
- Coordinate/Lead fundraising efforts of the association by responding to donor tenders and call for proposals, developing grant proposals, writing appeals and undertake follow-up of potential funding opportunities.
- Explore and develop strategies for long-term sustainability of the organization and its programme interventions. Carry out periodic review of the Strategy.
- Develop business plans in consultation with other staff for possible generation of long-term income for the organization whilst ensuring that marketing/resource mobilization activities are integrated into PPAG
- Research into business opportunities and viable income streams
- Liaison with private agencies, the government and other organizations to explore potential collaborations for raising funds for the Association.
- Identify and design marketing initiatives and develop operational marketing plans for the Association and its ventures
- Facilitate consultations and partnership building with partners and stakeholders and build up private sector promotional network
- In collaboration with the HR unit, carry out capacity assessment of relevant staff and suggest capacity building activities
- Advise the Executive Director on resource mobilization, new business ideas and other related issues, following the assessment of industry trends locally and internationally
- Ensure successes and areas needing improvements are well documented and report submitted and shared with management
- Undertake any other task assigned by the Executive Director that promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of PPAG
Required Skills or Experience
- A second degree in Social Science, Business Administration (Marketing option), financial management or its related field with a minimum of 5 years relevant post qualification experience, 3 of which must be in a managerial position
- Experience of fundraising, organising and co-ordinating events and marketing administration and research.
- Demonstrable experience in market research, analysis of information and the effective presentation of it.
- Exceptional organisational skills with experience of managing multiple tasks and prioritizing effectively.
- A good communicator with the ability to build relationships with a variety of people; excellent interpersonal and team working skills, with an ability to work independently and seize opportunities. Accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- High level of analytical and written skill – fluent in written and spoken English with strong presentation and persuasion skills.
- Computer literate and confident using all MS Office software, Adobe Creative Suite and databases as well as familiarity with major social media platforms
- Strong Managerial and Administrative competencies
- Leadership abilities with High sense of responsibility and innovative skills
- Must be accountable and transparent
- Ability to coach subordinates to improve their skills and achieve set targets
- Goal oriented and Must be an outgoing personality
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Believes in the core values of PPAG
How to Apply
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) including two referees, cell phone numbers and e-mail addresses to: The Search Committee Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) P.O. Box AN 5756, Accra-North. OR Drop in at: PPAG Head Office, Latebiokorshie, Nasia Road OR E-mail: [email protected] Note:
- All applications should reach the above address by COB on Monday, September 24, 2018
- People living with HIV/AIDS are eligible and encouraged to apply
- Likewise female candidates are also encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- PPAG believes In Child and Vulnerable Adults’ Protection Policy and Gender Equity.