The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is a voluntary, not for profit organization that undertakes advocacy and service delivery in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Ghana. PPAG is a Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). It is governed by respectable volunteers who are the members of the Association. The Governing body, formulate policies which are implemented by staff.
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: PPAG Family Health Clinic, Accra
Report To: Facility Head
To provide Finance and Accounting services to the PPAG FHC, Accra and the Association’s programmes.
- Responsible for PPAG financial account and any other project activity that may be assigned
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual reports and any other reports that may be assigned
- Ensure that returns from the project sites are received and properly coded to be entered into the Accpac Accounting system.
- Scrutinize all project returns and ensure that consistency is maintained in the internal control system and report any lapses found.
- Prepare monthly summaries of project expenses under the appropriate account codes
- Provide financial support to project staff
- Ensure that funds are available for project implementation
- Assist in the preparation of PPAG final accounts
- Undertake monthly supervision of the update of Project’s Fixed Asset Register
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation statements
- Assist in preparation of project budget, Annual Programme Budget (APB) and any other financial information to Management for decision-making.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Perform any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor
Required Skills or Experience
- Have a first degree in Bsc Administration (Accounting) or B. Commerce or any other Business related field or its equivalent in Professional Accounting with a minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience in a similar position
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
The Person Must:
- Have a good knowledge of accounting systems and procedures, particularly ACCPAC will be an advantage
- Be highly skilled in the use of the computer
- Have a very good presentation, communication and report writing skills
- Have a high sense of responsibility, accuracy and judgmental skills
- Be honest, transparent and reliable
- Have excellent human relation skills, be youth friendly and a team player
- Be able to work with little or no supervision and have an eye for details
- Be able to multitask
- Have the ability to work for long hours and under pressure
- Be able to travel at short notice
How to Apply
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), including two referees, their e-mail addresses and cell phone numbers to:
The Search Committee Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) P.O. Box AN 5756, Accra-North. OR drop in at: PPAG Head Office, Latebiokorshie, Nasia Road OR e-mail:[email protected]
Note: People living with HIV/AIDS are eligible and encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be shortlisted for an interview.