The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is a voluntary, not for profit organization that undertakes advocacy and service delivery in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Ghana. PPAG is a Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). It is governed by respectable volunteers who are the members of the Association. The Governing body, formulate policies which are implemented by staff.
Job Title: Director Of Programmes And Service Delivery
Reports to: Executive Director
The Director of Programmes and Service Delivery (DP&SD) oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of on-going programmes and service delivery including planning, organizing, staffing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating all programmes and service delivery activities with the aim of achieving the outcomes of the Strategic Plan.
- To oversee the Planning and delivery of SRHR Programmes in accordance with the strategic goals of the Association
- To oversee development of new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the Association’s Programmes
- To oversee the strategic positioning of the Association Clinics as fully self-sustaining centers of excellence and leaders in the provision of quality SRH Training and Services.
- To oversee the development of appropriate interventions to address Adolescent SRH issues/needs of the youth and other target groups based on research and development findings
Primary Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning programmes and delivery of service
- Plans the delivery of the overall Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights(SRHR) programme and services in accordance with the mission and the strategic goals of the MA and in alignment with IPPF service delivery standards
- Develops new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the MA
- Develops and implements long-term programme goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the programme
- Develops an annual budget and operating plan to support all the programmes and service delivery activities; monitors and approves all budgeted programme expenditures
- Develops a programme evaluation framework and regularly assess the strengths of the programmes and to identify areas for improvement on regular basis
- Responsible for the preparation of Annual Programme and Budget, Half Year Reports, Annual Reports and other donor’s reports.
- Ensure synergy between PPAG’s Programmes for efficiency in the use of resources
Organizing the programmes and delivery of services
- Ensures that programme activities operate within the policies and procedures of the MA in coordination with the Regional Office
- Ensures that programme and service delivery activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards as well as donor requirements
- Develop tools to document/record programme and service delivery activities
Leading programmes and delivery of clinic services
- Ensures all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with MA standards and those of the IPPF
- Supervises programmes and service delivery staff by providing direction, input and feedback
- Communicates with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the programmes and to solicit input to improve the programmes
- Liaises with other managers to ensure the effective and efficient programme delivery
- Coordinates the delivery of services among different programme activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
Monitoring programmes and delivery of services
- Under the guidance of the ED support and serve as the Secretary of the Programmes Committee of the Council.
- Communicates with donors as outlined in funding agreements
- In consultation with the DF&A, manages all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures, whilst ensuring all programmes operates within approved budgets
- In collaboration with Finance and Administration Director ensures financial reports and supporting documentation for donors are prepared as outlined in funding agreements
- Put in place risk identification and mitigation measures to safeguard programme activities against perceived risks.
- Shares various reports with relevant stakeholders including field staff, partners and beneficiaries.
- Collaborates very closely with the IPPFARO’s Country Technical Assistance Teams to ensure high quality of programme management.
Management of Programmes Staff
- Under the leadership of the Executive Director and in collaboration of the Human Resource Manager, coordinates the recruitment, interviewing and selection of qualified programme staff
- Establishes and implements a performance management process for all programme staff
- Engages volunteers for appropriate programme activities using established volunteer management practices
- Ensures that all programme staff receive an appropriate orientation to the MA and the programmes
- Lead the identification and design of new partnerships
- Develops funding proposals for the programmes to ensure the continuous delivery of services.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested by the ED in line with PPAG mission.
Required Skills or Experience
Major qualifications and Skills
- A Minimum of a masters’ degree, ideally in Public Health (MPH) or its related field; e.g., Public Administration, Social Sciences, etc.
- At least 10 years of work experience including at least 3+ years of management experience related to programme management in the field of sexual and reproductive health (SRH)
- At least 10 years of work experience including at least 3+ years of management experience related to delivery of services and facilities management in the field of sexual and reproductive health (SRH)
- Proven track record or expertise in development of systems, including development and/or improvement of procedures, manuals and guidelines with excellent analytical skills
- Passion for the mission of MA and IPPF and excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with strong presentation skills
- The ability to foster a healthy organizational culture, to encourage teamwork and collaboration; strong interpersonal skills that include the ability to inspire and motivate;
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, programme development and task facilitation
- An affinity for working with a culturally and politically diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in Research and documentation.
- Skills in training and facilitation
- Networking with Public and private Partners.
- Believes in the core values of PPAG
How to Apply
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) including two referees, cell phone numbers and e-mail addresses to: The Search Committee Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) P.O. Box AN 5756, Accra-North. OR Drop in at: PPAG Head Office, Latebiokorshie, Nasia Road OR E-mail: [email protected] Note:
- All applications should reach the above address by COB on Monday, September 24, 2018
- People living with HIV/AIDS are eligible and encouraged to apply
- Likewise female candidates are also encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- PPAG believes In Child and Vulnerable Adults’ Protection Policy and Gender Equity.