Posted on :
13 Feb, 2018
13 Feb, 2018
The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is a voluntary, not for profit organization that undertakes advocacy and service delivery in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Ghana.
PPAG is a Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). It is governed by respectable volunteers who are the members of the Association. The Governing body, formulate policies which are implemented by staff.
Job Title: PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG), an NGO and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and a leading provider of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) information, education and services, hereby invites result-oriented and committed persons to apply for the following vacant positions to be filled in the Association.
Position: PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
Report to: DIRECTOR OF SERVICE DELIVERY AND PROGRAMMES
Job Purpose: To provide effective and quality Sexual Reproductive Health services to clients through the clinics and outreach services.
• Provide routine patient consultation on Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) issues
• Provide SRH education/information to patients and clients
• Assist in providing Family Planning counselling, HIV/AIDS management and treatment of STI’s and Post Abortion Care
• Assist in providing curative and preventive health services in the clinic.
• Assist in ensuring the efficient use of clinical equipment and resources.
• Ensure that clinical reports are collated and submitted as required
• Assist in ensuring effective infection control in the Clinic
• Assist in providing effective and efficient clinical services and service delivery
• Ensure that clients and providers rights are adhered to
• Prepare and follow an effective referral system, where necessary
• Assist in collating and analysing service statistics
• Liaise with other nurses and midwives to ensure that clinical standards are adhered to
• Attend meetings and training programmes as required
• Performs any other related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
• Qualification in Physician Assistantship
• State Registered Nurse or Midwife
• Additional higher qualification in related field will be an added advantage
• A minimum of five (2) years relevant working experience, which must be in a similar position.
• Must have very good interpersonal, communication, report writing and presentation skills
• Must be honest, transparent, reliable and duty-conscious
• Must be very accommodative
• Must have a High sense of responsibility, humour, be non- judgmental and able to take initiatives
• Must be a team player and self-motivated
• Must be able to work for long hours and sometimes due to workload under pressure
• Must have excellent human relationship skills and be youth friendly.
• Must have the ability to source for information and determine new strategies for enhanced performance.
• Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
• Must have the ability to travel at short notices.
How to Apply
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), including two referees and cell phone numbers to: The Search Committee Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) P.O. Box AN 5756, Accra-North OR DROP IN AT: PPAG Head Office, Latebiokorshie, Nasia Road OR E-MAIL:
Closing Date: 20 February, 2018
• People living with HIV/AIDS and disability are eligible and encouraged to apply
• PPAG believes in Child and Vulnerable Adults’ protection policy
• Only shortlisted applicants will be called for an interview.