Posted on :
13 Feb, 2018
13 Feb, 2018
The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is a voluntary, not for profit organization that undertakes advocacy and service delivery in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Ghana.
PPAG is a Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). It is governed by respectable volunteers who are the members of the Association. The Governing body, formulate policies which are implemented by staff.
Job Title: MIDWIFE (PROGRAMME COORDINATOR)
• The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG), an NGO and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and a leading provider of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) information and services, hereby invites result-oriented and committed persons to apply for the following vacant position to be filled in the Association.
Position: MIDWIFE (PROGRAMME COORDINATOR)
Location: FAMILY HEALTH CLINIC, ACCRA
Report to: DIRECTOR OF SERVICE DELIVERY AND PROGRAMMES
Job Purpose: To provide quality Comprehensive Reproductive Health services to clients through the clinics and outreach services.
• Provide Comprehensive Reproductive Health services
• Provide SRH information and counselling to patients and clients
• Provide Family Planning counselling, HIV and AIDS management and treatment of STI’s and Post Abortion Care
• Manage emergency clinical cases.
• Provide curative and preventive health services in the clinic
• Ensure the efficient use of clinical equipment and resources
• Assist in ensuring that clinical reports are collated and submitted as required
• Ensure effective infection control in the Clinic
• Support in the supervision and ensure the effective implementation of BCC activities in the clinic and the community
• Ensure that clients rights are adhered to
• Prepare and follow an effective referral system, where necessary
• Collate and analyse service statistics
• Ensure that clinical standards are adhered to
• Attend meetings and training programmes as may be required.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Registered Midwife
• Additional higher qualification in related field will be an added advantage
• A minimum of five (5) years relevant working experience, 3 of which must be in a similar position.
The person must;
• Have very good interpersonal, communication, report writing and presentation skills
• Be honest, transparent, reliable and duty-conscious
• Have a high sense of responsibility, humour, be non- judgmental and able to take initiatives
• Be a team player and self-motivated
• Be able to work for long hours
• Have excellent human relationship skills and be youth friendly.
• Be able to source for information and initiate innovative strategies for enhanced performance
• Be able to work with little or no supervision
• Be able to travel at short notice.
How to Apply
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), including two referees and cell phone numbers to: The Search Committee Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) P.O. Box AN 5756, Accra-North OR DROP IN AT: PPAG Head Office, Latebiokorshie, Nasia Road OR E-MAIL:
Closing Date: 20 February, 2018
• People living with HIV/AIDS and disability are eligible and encouraged to apply
• PPAG believes in Child and Vulnerable Adults’ protection policy
• Only shortlisted applicants will be called for an interview.