Posted on :
13 Feb, 2018
13 Feb, 2018
The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is a voluntary, not for profit organization that undertakes advocacy and service delivery in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Ghana.
PPAG is a Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). It is governed by respectable volunteers who are the members of the Association. The Governing body, formulate policies which are implemented by staff.
Job Title: COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE
The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG), an NGO and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and a leading provider of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) information and services, hereby invites result-oriented and committed persons to apply for the following vacant position to be filled in the Association.
Position: COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE
Report to: DIRECTOR OF SERVICE DELIVERY AND PROGRAMMES
To provide effective and quality Comprehensive Reproductive Health information and services to clients at the clinic and through community outreaches.
• Assist in providing Comprehensive Reproductive Health services including family planning and cervical cancer screening
• Assist in providing SRH information and counselling services to patients and clients
• Assist in providing effective and efficient clinical services and service delivery
• Assist in managing emergency clinical cases.
• Assist in providing curative and preventive health services in the clinic and communities
• Ensure the efficient use of clinical equipment and resources
• Assist in ensuring that clinical reports are collated and submitted as required
• Assist in ensuring effective infection control in the Clinic
• Maintain an inventory of educational materials, contraceptives and office supplies and to re-order as needed
• Prepare and follow an effective referral system, where necessary
• Collate and analyse service statistics
• Liaise with other nurses and midwives to ensure that clinical standards and clients’ rights are adhered to
• Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
• Registered Community Health Nurse
• Additional higher qualification in related field will be an added advantage
• Have a valid PIN from NMC
• A minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience, 2 of which must be in a similar position.
The Person Must:
• Have very good interpersonal, communication, report writing and presentation skills
• Be honest, transparent, reliable and duty-conscious
• Have high sense of responsibility, humour, be non- judgmental and able to take initiatives
• Be a team player and self-motivated
• Be able to work for long hours
• Have excellent human relationship skills and be youth friendly.
• Have the ability to source for information and initiate innovative strategies for enhanced performance
• Be able to work with little or no supervision
• Be able to travel at short notice
How to Apply
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), including two referees and cell phone numbers to: The Search Committee Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) P.O. Box AN 5756, Accra-North OR DROP IN AT: PPAG Head Office, Latebiokorshie, Nasia Road OR E-MAIL:
Closing Date: 20 February, 2018
• People living with HIV/AIDS and disability are eligible and encouraged to apply
• PPAG believes in Child and Vulnerable Adults’ protection policy
• Only shortlisted applicants will be called for an interview.