PRECEVID, a unique Centre of Excellence for developing the human resource base for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and promotion of Competency Based Training (CBT). PRECEVID seeks the services of an experienced, dynamic and results-oriented person with proven track record of championing successful, self-sustaining start-up development projects for appointment as the Centre Director. The undertaking which is new and still evolving is located in Kumasi in the Ashanti Region of Ghana.
Job Title: Food And Beverages Supervisor
The Presbyterian Centre for Vocational Instructors’ Development (PRECEVID) is a Centre of Excellence offering training in hospitality operations and management using the Competency Based Training (CBT) approach and modeled after the hotel school concept.
The Centre which is new and still evolving requires the service of a Food and Beverage Supervisor. PRECEVID is located in Kumasi in the Ashanti Region of Ghana.
Provide overall leadership and direction for the effective operations and management of the Food & Beverage department of PRECEVID.
- Develop and ensure compliance of a standard operating manual for the department
- Prepare Lessons plans for training room instruction in food and beverage in conformance with approved curriculum.
- Research and input into training content, learning materials and methods of instruction to achieve set goals and objectives
- Facilitate and conduct discussions to increase trainees’ knowledge and competence using visual aids such as graphs, charts, videotapes and slides.
- Conduct on the job-training, sessions to demonstrate principles, techniques, procedures and or methods of food services to trainees.
- Supervise and monitor trainees and staff use of inventory including food & beverages, supplies, tools and equipment.
- Supervise individual or group projects, field placements, practical work or other training.
- Maintain and implement safety and security requirements in the training, working and operational areas.
- Assist in the ordering and purchasing of all food products and supplies.
- Forecast , plan and manage food and beverage activities, staff and finance
- Maintain daily records of operations towards assessment of budgeted guidelines
- Resolve customer/guest complaints regarding food quality and service
- Supervise and train the food and beverage team to continuously meet the standards of industry as stipulated in the departmental operational manuals
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and development in your field of specialization.
- Write departmental report on operations
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Attractive and negotiable
Required Skills or Experience
A minimum of a good first degree in Hospitality Management and at least 5 years’ practical experience working in the industry including 2 years in supervisory role in the hotel.
- Proven skills in leadership, management, team building and interpersonal relations
- Strong understanding of and hands-on experience in the TVET sector
- Experience in successful leading, developing and working with high-performing teams to deliver clear targets.
- Demonstrate business acumen and proven entrepreneurial skills
- Demonstrate skills in financial management
- Excellent verbal and electronic presentation, as well as written communication skills.
- Demonstrate good marketing and persuasive skills.
How to Apply
Interested persons may apply together with
Detailed Curriculum Vitae
Photocopies of relevant certificates
Email addresses and cell phone number to:
The PRECEVID Secretariat
P.O. Box ST 74 Stadium