PrivatFarms is looking for an experienced person for the position of Farm Manager. The person MUST be living in, or willing to relocate to, Obosomase, near Aburi, or towns around these areas. “On-call” work may be required to ensure animals are tended to seven days a week. The farm includes cashew and mango plantations, pineapples, rabbits and catfish, with expansion into pigs foreseen in the near future.
Job Title: Farm Manager
- Assigns daily duties to farm workers, including: animal feeding and vaccinations, regular disinfection of all farm houses, weeding of property and cleaning and sanitizing of all equipment and farm houses.
- Advises workers on production requirements and oversees the maintenance and condition of equipment and status of supplies.
- Directs repairs and maintenance to farm property and machinery where necessary, reporting all major issues to the General Manager.
- Administers medications and vaccinations, ensuring veterinary or manufacturer directions are adhered to, liaising with the General Manager to ensure correct dosage and timing.
- Schedules and oversees spraying and replanting of fruit trees and pineapples.
- Oversees harvesting, ensuring care is taken with all produce to ensure the highest quality.
- Ensures bio-security measures are in place and appropriate sanitary measures are followed at all times.
- Accountable for implementation of a rodent and vector control programme on the property.
- Prepares production, feed consumption and animal mortality reports on a regular basis.
- Monitors visitors to the property, ensuring that the security of the property is maintained at all times.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Participates in work activities to expedite work load.
Qualifications Required and Experience
BSc. (Agriculture) Degree – Animal Science Option or MSC in Agriculture, with more than four years’ experience in mixed farming.
- MANAGING PEOPLE – Ability to motivate, coach, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- PROBLEM SOLVING – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- ORAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION – Listens, gets clarification, interprets written information.
- DEPENDABILITY – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- PROFESSIONALISM – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- SAFETY AND SECURITY – Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Location: Obosomase near Aburi, Eastern Region