Posted on :
29 Jul, 2016
29 Jul, 2016
Private Sector Malaria Prevention (PSMP) Project is a UK Department for international Development (DFID) funded public health project managed by the Johns Hopkins Bloombery School of Public Health Center For communication programmes (JHU-CCP).
The PSMP projct aims to use innovative approaches to develop a private sector market for long-lasting insecticidal nets (LLINs) in Ghana. The project includes the use of customer subsidies for LLIN as well as a marketing communication component to stimulate demand for LLIN. The primary goal of PSMP is to establish long-term capacity for Ghanaian households to affordable access LLIN. The primary goal of PSMP is to establish long-term capacity for Ghanaian households to affordable access LLIN to prevent malaria in their families and communities. The project duration is 3 years.
The project has a range of vacancies and is inviting interested and qualified Ghanaians and residents of Ghana to apply.
Job Title: Programme Officer (3 Positions)
• The Programme Officer is the public face of the PSMP project in the field, responsible for the on-the-ground implementation of the PSMP project and ensuring a constant supply of LLINs through retail and other distribution outlets.
• The Programme Officer will be responsible for covering assigned regions territory of the country.
• The Programme Officer will report through the Business Technical Advisor to the Project Director.
• Ensure the efficient and timely functioning of the project at the field-level
• Serve as an available and accessible contact of PSMP for partner institutions, companies, net distributors and retailers
• Provide technical assistance to partner institutions and collaborators
• Liaise with potential partner institutions/organisations for successful adoption of the PSMP project approach
• Identify where additional support is needed for partner institutions/companies and discuss with the Project Director
• Monitor and ensure constant supply of LLINs in designed regions and other targeted locations.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, Development Studies, Sociology, Health Sciences or other social sciences.
• Strong people and customer relation skills.
• Strong data analysis skills and proficiency with IT (e.g. Excel and Word).
• Highly motivated with ability to tackle and resolve emerging challenges in project implementation with support and direction from the Business Technical Advisor and the Project Director. A good team player who is very ready to work collaboratively with others.
• Excellent organisation and time-management skills.
• Strong grasp of customer relations, sales and marketing.
• Budgeting/finance skills.
• Strong oral and written communication in English, including report writing.
• Understanding and familiarity with Ghana’s diverse geography, cultures and business practices.
• Master’s degree in Business, Commerce, Development Studies, Sociology, Health Sciences of related subject.
• Experience working with entrepreneurs and business, preferably in sales and marketing capacity.
• Experience working in a non-governmental organisation.
• Previous experience in project management
• Experience working in urban communities, as well as rural/remote areas of Ghana.
• Experience working with government officials.
How to Apply For the Job
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV and references to:
Indicate the position of which you are applying ni the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 08 August, 2016