ProCredit SLC with its 26 networked branches is one of the leading providers of banking services to individuals and businesses in Ghana. Belonging to an international network of 21 financial institutions in countries across Latin America, Eastern Europe and Africa, we value flat hierarchies, innovation and a performance-based corporate culture.
- Organize Environmental Committee meetings, coordinate and supervise compliance with agreed measures, and ensure internal and external communication of these measures
- Revise the company’s environmental strategy on a regular basis, providing the Environmental Committee with proposals for updates, and monitor compliance with these modifications
- Supervise the creation and administration of an environmental database and use the information in the database to formulate environmental goals, supervise compliance, and revise and modify these goals as necessary
- Perform regular checks to ensure that knowledge about local environmental regulations is up to date, and implement modifications to the bank’s environmental strategy in line with new legal provisions
- Develop in coordination with the business departments, appropriate green finance and energy efficiency/renewable energy credit products to be offered to enterprise and private clients
- Coordinate and follow up on the environmental training program for staff
- Oversee the compliance with environmental regulations and “Standards for Managing the Environmental Impact of Lending” document for credit exposures which are classified as having medium or high environmental risk
- Coordinate the preparation of the bank’s annual environmental performance report as well as reporting to the ProCredit Holding Environmental Steering Committee and other external stakeholders
- Represent the institution in all internal and external events focusing on topics related to the environment, energy efficiency and renewable energy
Required Skills or Experience
- University degree or HND in Environmental Sciences or a related field
- At least 1 year work experience in a similar position
- Good knowledge of environmental policies, laws and regulations
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate complex information accurately in written and verbal form
- Ability to lead and direct teams
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Good Computer knowledge (MS office applications)
- Ambitious and enthusiastic team player
How To Apply
We offer an interesting and challenging work opportunity in a dynamic, international environment. Your application documents should include amotivation letter detailing clearly why you want to join ProCredit SLC and why you are particularly suitable for this position.
Please be informed that only selected candidates will be contacted by the HR Department and invited to participate in a Recruitment Assessment Test in Mathematics and Logic.