The Procurement Manager shall be responsible for the planning, executing and finalizing all purchasing and procurement strategies for the company. This includes obtaining resources within the budget and facilitating communication between the company and its service providers to ensure products and services are delivered as planned. The role reports to the Managing Director.
The role has the following responsibilities;
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- Control purchasing department budgets.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying and storing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Administer on-line purchasing systems.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Prepare bid awards requiring board approval.
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
Required Skills or Experience
Role specific requirements;
- 7 years minimum work experience with 3 years in managerial role
- Degree in purchasing supply, from a recognized institution
- CIPS, CILT
- Good oral and written communication
- Proficient in MS office suite
- Good presentation skills
- Broad knowledge of industry and macroeconomic environment
Person specific requirements;
- High integrity
- Strategic thinker
- Broad business acumen
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team Player
- Communication and interpersonal relation
- Customer service and relation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Commitment and engagement
- Performance driven & goal oriented
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Consumer centrism but no compromise on procedures/policies
Please send all cv’s to [email protected]
Kindly name subject of the mail after the position you are applying for.