Hired Capital is a recruiting firm specializing in recruiting solutions in Africa. We are based in Accra, Ghana and recruit for various industries. Our best candidates are professional with deep local expertise in Africa.
Our client is an international industry leader in oil field service provision. The company employs over 100,000 people worldwide and is currently filing a position for a “Procurement Specialist” in Takoradi, Ghana.
The Procurement Specialist will play a key role in the supply chain process to ensure that items or services are purchased from specified suppliers and are delivered upon agreed terms and conditions seeking maximum value for the company including agreed time and cost.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Works directly with Product Line managers to plan and prioritize purchasing.
- Acts as primary contact for all supply chain and financial programs.
- Ensures proper procurement procedures are upheld.
- Works directly with accounts payable staff to guarantee seamless integration with procurement procedures.
- Ensures that cost effective and prudent purchasing processes are in place and adhered to while continual enhancing spending efficiency.
- Reviews planned orders, creates requisitions for purchased items and manages the approval process.
- Liaises with suppliers on procurement matters, reports supplier non-conformances and ensures adherence to approved supplier agreements/contracts.
- Reports to all internal customers on status of orders including the prompt communication of potential shortages or supply interruptions.
- Works with all relevant parties in the consolidation, reduction and rationalization of the local supplier base.
- Leads finance and logistics staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks.
Compensative is competitive.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing.
- Prior relevant experience of 3 years or more in supply chain, logistics, or procurement, and a minimum of 5 years working experience is required.
- Must demonstrate maturity, strong leadership skills and be able to affect change to meet targets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including high collaboration with others and speedy and effective communications at all levels.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are key to success in this role.
How To Apply
To apply, please sign on to our website at www.hiredcapital.com. You may also send resumes to [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing 15th Dec, 2011