Posted on :
16 May, 2012
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a leading food and beverage manufacturer to recruit a Production Shift Supervisor for its operations in Ghana.
The Production Shift Supervisor will be responsible for providing overall supervision and co- ordination of the functions of a team of shift workers to achieve set production targets.
The position is based in Tema.
The responsibilities for this position shall include but is not limited to the following:
• Provides general production supervision by coordinating and monitoring the duties of subordinates to meet daily production targets.
• Monitors compliance with the company’s adopted good manufacturing, safety and hygiene standards during the production process.
• Provides technical advice and support to subordinates to ensure the smooth running of the plant.
• Liaises with the Maintenance Section of the factory to ensure that all necessary data on faults or breakdowns, etc. are provided for the requisite repairs and maintenance work to be carried out to ensure that the plant or machines run well at all times. Liaises with the Sourcing Section of the factory on the state of raw materials supplies, the Laboratory Section on approved products and products for recycling, as well as the logistics section on products for shipment.
• Collects, collates, analyses and prepares production data and reports for future reference and use by supervisors.
• Ensures the full implementation of the QMS procedures related to Production and communicates proposed changes to the Management Representative. This includes the documentation and approval of procedures and work instructions, process forms etc. as appropriate
• Interprets conditions of service to and handles welfare problems of immediate subordinates in consultation with the Human Resource Division.
• Administers disciplinary action to subordinates in consultation with the HR Division.
• Appraises the performance of subordinates
• Identifies the training needs of immediate subordinates and organizes or recommends training for them.
• Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time as well as ensures that all machine and production parameters are rightly set.
• Maintains intra-departmental contacts with all sectional heads of the company, ensures the general cleanliness of the factory.
• Makes major technical decisions by first obtaining approval of direct Superiors
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Must have Bsc.in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification.
• A minimum of 3 years post qualification hands-on relevant working experience, 2 years of which must have been in a supervisory grade.
• Good knowledge in plant and electrical engineering.
• Good knowledge in programmable logic control.
• Ability to make fast and accurate decisions.
• Ability to Supervise, co-ordinate and monitor
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to motivate subordinates.
• Good communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Courageous and self-confidence.
Kindly send us your Word CV at [email protected]eu