Posted on :
21 May, 2014
21 May, 2014
The project facilitator for the Pathways project will be the lead person on the project facilitating the implementation of project activities in the Garu Tempane. His/Her primary responsibility will be to facilitate the implementation of value chain development activities for Soybean and Groundnuts making use of tested CARE models such as VSLA, CBES, CBLA and other appropriate models aimed at addressing women’s needs in the Agricultural Sector.
S/he will support in the implementation of work plans developed with communities and stakeholders and ensure the field implementation of project activities and M&E plans.
In collaboration with other stakeholders in the district, the project facilitator will ensure cross learning among different initiatives that are geared towards improving the livelihoods of women smallholder farmers. With the support of the project manager s/he will document experiences from the implementation of the project for sharing at various levels. The position is based in Garu Tempane district but will be required to travel from time to time to Tamale for work.
• Organize community meetings to sensitize communities on the Pathways project.
• Support in assessing and selecting VSLAs to participate in Pathways activities.
• Conduct trainings on Good Agric practices (GAP) for soybean and groundnuts for members of producer groups.
• Facilitate capacity building programmes for various groups the project is working with i.e producer groups, marketing committees, male gender champions etc.
• Mobilise community leaders and existing institutions such as TA to provide the requisite support for implementation of project activities.
• Ensure production and dissemination of relevant, quality and user friendly information from the project.
• Collaborate with MoFA, SARI and key stakeholders to establish and manage FFBS in project communities.
• Ensure that gender, nutrition and marketing issues are integrated into FFBS activities
• Play a lead role in strengthening relations between value chain stakeholders in the pilot areas and in creating safe space for dialogue between stakeholders such as producers, aggregators, input dealer, marketers, tillage service providers, extension service providers.
• Provide specific technical advice, training and extension in some of the following: farming systems development; off-farm and marketing activities, linkages, local institutional development.
• Constantly undertake stakeholder analysis and facilitate linkage between existing groups and emerging platforms and opportunities.
• Participate in rolling out project M&E activities such as administration of Participatory Performance Tracker, Annual Review Study.
• Facilitate and support the documentation of component processes and achievements including documentation for public dissemination
• Responsible for maintaining relationships with MOFA, DAs, GHS and DFSNs at District level
• Maintain close cordial and professional contacts with key stakeholders in the project areas, particularly selected community groups, the District Assembly, MOFA and local NGOs
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of a first degree in a relevant discipline such as Agriculture, horticulture, agronomy, agric extension and training with an understanding and experience in the other
• At least 3 years of relevant working experience, including a minimum of 3 years field practical experience in working with rural communities, including women groups.
• Strong experience and knowledge of PLA tools and training methodologies, community mobilization
• Proven experience and understanding of nutrition and food security issues linked to reproductive health and child malnutrition
• Experience of working with partners is key to this position
• Proven and demonstrable facilitation skills, negotiation skills and networking skills including facilitating change, innovation and initiating action
• Commitment to and understanding of a process and livelihood approach to development
• Excellent professionalism, relationship building and communication skills
• Adherence to CARE’s core values and competencies (RICED)
• Good spoken English and excellent English writing skills
• Computer skills that must include Microsoft Office and Excel
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to:-
Closing Date: 30 May, 2014
• PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY