GHANA JOBS: Ghana Recruitment
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. For over two decades. World Vision has been working with urban and rural communities in all the 10 Regions of Ghana to improve provision of water, promote sanitation and hygiene practices and quality education.
Project Manager Job Description:
World Vision is looking for highly qualified and motivated persons for the position of Project Manager for Neglected Tropical Diseases Control Program (NTDCP) in he Head Office. The above position is pending funding.
Project Manager Job Summary:
To provide technical assistance and financial management to the National Neglected Tropical Disease Control Program (NTDCP) for integrated mass drug administration (MDA) of preventive chemotherapy (PCT) to reduce the prevalence of five focus Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs)
- Direct and oversee World Vision’s work in support of the NTDCP, ensuring that all project goals are met through proper design, staffing, and implementation
- Provide support to NTDCP Program to achieve USG-supported activities that strengthen the capacity of the NTDCP to own and manage national NTD activities
- Support the NTDCP to develop work plans for advocacy and technical activities
- Supervise and plan the work project staff
- Organize and direct the work of short-term technical consultants
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems. Submit timely accurate and professional program reports that meet donor requirements
- Manage project budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports
- Ensure project expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure clean A – 133 audits
- Liaise with host government officials, local communities and other organizations as appropriate
- Support the NTDCP to evaluate program effectiveness and determine corrective action needed to improve goal achievement
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned, including administrative and planning functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Project Management, International Development, Public Health, or related field) required. Master’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience in program management in developing countries
- A minimum of five years of extensive international development experience in managing large projects requirements
- Experience in managing inter-agency partnerships/consortia and working closely with national-level Ghana Health Services is preferred
- Proven ability in the management of large integrated programs in developing countries
- Ability to integrate teams of professionals around common goal
- Demonstrated accomplishment in working with Ghana Health Service and other local and international organizations, ministries and with donor colleagues in the country
- Proven leadership of large and diverse teams
- Strong diplomacy and relationship building skills
- Strong presentation and writing skills
- Good computer – data management and analytical skills. Advanced knowledge of excel will be an advantage
- The preferred candidate must be a committed Christian
How to apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application letters and CV to: [email protected].
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Closing 11th MAY, 2011