Posted on :
5 Aug, 2013
5 Aug, 2013
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid is looking to employ experienced and self- motivated individuals to fill the following position: Project Manager (YUWLCL)
This is a Management position that reports to the National Projects Manager and responsible for overall coordination and management of the YUWKCL Project. The post holder is required to support project staff and partners to deliver on the objectives set out by the project.
• Develop country operational plan in line with the approved proposal and donor requirements to ensure project is delivered according to project plan.
• Develop and deliver training programmes on sexual and reproductive health rights and women’s rights for relevant stakeholders.
• Produce periodic reports and ensure high quality monitoring and evaluation of the project in line with project guidelines.
• Comply with and manage all child protection issues in accordance with relevant policies and guidelines
• Compile and manage a risk register for the project.
This is a two and half (2.5) year contract employment on national terms and conditions. The role involves travel within and outside Ghana especially to project communities as well as to other AAG communities.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A university degree in women’s rights/gender studies, international development, economics, public health or related field with 4 years’ experience in community development preferably in Women’s Rights, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights and /or workers’ rights.
• Ability to plan, manage and report on country institutional donor-funded projects.
• Experienced in facilitating community activities and capacity building programmes for wide variety of stakeholders.
• Ability to produce effective reports and monitor activities in accordance with relevant monitoring and evaluation framework.
• Ability to tease out relevant project issues for policy advocacy.
• Good knowledge of culture of communities, sensitivity of gender issues and ability to speak Ga, Twi or Dagbaani.
Base Salary: GHS 2,509.18 (Band 5: Step 3)
Location: Accra and Tamale
How To Apply For The Job
Application Forms MUST be downloaded and submitted as below.
Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:-
or mail to:
The Human Resource Manager
P. O. Box AN 19083,
Closing Date: 09 August, 2013
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and invited for assessment.
“ActionAid Ghana is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.”