Posted on :
17 Dec, 2013
17 Dec, 2013
To work closely with other Directors to develop best practice procurement policies, strategies and regulatory instruments, to ensure that Government procurement achieves transparency, accountability and value for money. The person will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
Job Title: Director of Policy and Strategy
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBTILITIES
• Formulates procurement policies, strategies, rules and procedures and reviews current trends in procurement to inform Policy.
• Coordinates the development/implementation of strategy for the execution of the Authority’s mandate.
• Responsible for management of the activities of ihe Policy and Strategy Directorate.
• Ensures that Government policies including Private Sector initiatives. Public Sector Reforms, and Anti-Corruption measures extend to public procurement.
• Develops the relevant policies and strategies for procurement in the public sector.
• Leads discussions to enable the Board introduce various procurement policies to support its work.
• Works with other Directorates to review annual reports submitted by all procurement entities.
• Coordinates preparation of annual and other reports by the Authority
• Undertakes any other tasks that may be delegated by the Chief Executive Officer
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of a second degree in Administration, Economics or any relevant field
• Professional qualification in Procurement or any related field.
• Must have at least eight (8) years professional experience, four (4} of which must have been in Strategic Level Management.
• Must have significant exposure to Policy Formulation and Implementation in the public sector
• Must have considerable experience in International, Multi-Donor and Local Procurement Practice.
• Must have an excellent working knowledge in the Ghana Public Procurement System
• Must be computer literate
• Must have excellent report writing and presentation skills
• Must possess excellent managerial skills
How To Apply For The Job
pplications, together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates and the names and addresses of two referees should reach the Authority:
The Chief Executive
P. M. B. 30
Ministries – Accra
Closing Date: 31 December, 2013