Posted on :
8 Jun, 2021
8 Jun, 2021
Pulse is looking to hire an experienced Senior Business Development Manager to join our Business Development team to lead our new business process and drive growth & revenue.
Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries – Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal.
We are the platform leading in reach – with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We’re also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
This role reports to the Director of Digital Strategy and will be based in our Accra office.
Job Title: Senior Business Development Manager
Duties and responsibilities:
Lead generation through:
○ list building using various resources
○ due diligence on any Pulse relationships
Qualifying leads through:
○ Cold calling using a consultative based approach
○ Supporting marketing activities to convert to leads
○ Providing relevant information to qualify
○ Ensure all relevant entries are made accurately.
Building leads and qualified leads from Pulse through:
○ Building Pulse lead lists for each product
○ Managing the referral process via calling and emailing business professionals
Build trusted advisor status within Pulse Ghana
○ Provide advisory services for clients and the organization
○ Conduct analysis to ensure consistent provision of innovative/top-notch services to clients
○ Maintain sales and team development by contributing to training and sharing best practices with colleagues.
Hitting lead and qualified sales quotas by
○ Developing and presenting digital strategies for prospective clients.
○ Work with the Director of Digital Strategy to actively propose and help implement new and innovative strategies in order to meet and exceed the company’s overall revenue and profit targets.
General leadership through
○ Providing leadership as a Senior Digital Strategists
○ Provide leadership for sales activities regarding clients especially high profile clients
○ Team building and mentoring
Skills and experience required:
Joining the Pulse Team
The Pulse team is made up of incredible and passionate individuals who go above and beyond to inform and engage our young audience with quality content, also delighting our clients and partners with their creative ability to engage their target audiences.
As a team we value creativity and curiosity, which helps us to stay ahead of the curve. Our Pan African team collaborates cross-functionally and values each other’s unique perspectives and opinions – true to our core values of teamwork. We also value trust as a team – both in how we work with each other transparently and how we deliver reliably for our clients.