The operations manager is responsible for ensuring smooth Terminal operations with minimum product losses and operational disruptions.
Ensure all preventative maintenance is performed in line with the Annual Maintenance Plan in the shortest time frame with minimum disruption to operations and in the most cost-effective way.
Ensure both internal and external customer complaints are addressed to mitigate against any disruptions to the business.
Act as the focal point for all interested bodies (Puma Infrastructure and external).
Ensures optimum performance and seek improvements to create a competitive advantage in terms of safety, security, asset utilization and costs.
Maintain a constant and critical appraisal of all operations activities and costs within Infrastructure by directing the teams to manage all achievable resources so that company products are stored, handled and distributed to the agreed standards at optimum cost.
Establish a culture of operational excellence within the team by providing leadership, motivation, coaching and mentoring.
To play a key role in the setting of annual OPEX and CAPEX budgets that will support HSEC and Operational efficiency targets and expected outcomes
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
Job Title: Country Operations Manager
- Ensure that the SAPS & ISO requirements and policies regarding Health, Safety, Environment & Community are in-place and strictly followed; ensures continuous education and improvement of HSEC performance in each terminal; monitors the development of programs and schedule seminars/training/exercise to all employees in the terminal.
- Ensures that the terminals meet or exceeds the expectations of all customers; fast and accurate order taking, on-time execution with the right quantity and on-spec product.
- Responsible for identifying areas, processes needing improvement and implement best practice in-place; recommend actions for items that need improvements and disseminate best practice to other terminals.
- Take account of regulatory requirements and be the main point of contact with the local Government agencies
- Ensure that the management of stock during the receipt, storage and delivery phase are in place and properly reported on.
- Maintain good relationships with 3rd party storage customers
- Maintain all contracts and permits related to the operations in such a way that full compliance is maintained
- Manage staff in a manner that will ensure high performance and be able to implement consequence management
Key performance Indicators:
- HSEC stats
- Operational gains and losses
- Operational Excellence
- Internal audits
- Financial indicators – OPEX and CAPEX
- Various operational KPI’s
Direct scope under this responsibility
- Direct reports – 4
- Indirect reports – 75
- Employees are decentralized over 4 locations
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Internal – Terminal managers, Regional HSEC, Engineering and Operations
- External – Downstream, 3rd party storage customers, Governmental agencies – NPA & TOR, Regulatory authorities, shipping and clearing agencies, surveyors