Posted on :
5 Nov, 2020
5 Nov, 2020
Our client is a financial services institution with the objective of increasing access to finance for Ghanaian enterprises, particularly small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Our client also provides wholesale financing/lines of credit and partial credit guarantees to eligible financial institutions.
Job Title: Independent Non-Executive Director
Roles & Responsibilities
The Independent Non-Executive Director would be a member of the Board of Directors and provide strategic leadership and direction to the Bank, overseeing the development of strategies consistent with the Bank’s mandate, policies and plans. The role also oversees regulatory compliance and ensures financial viability of the Bank.
Strategy and policy formulation
• Provide a clear vision for the institution that is aligned with national economic development agenda and define strategic goals, objectives and value systems to realize it
• Review and approve an Institutional strategy and a business plan for the Bank, consistent with its national economic development mandate and the need to maintain financial viability
• Oversee the establishment and monitoring of sound financial and risk management systems aligned to national, industry and regulatory requirements
• Ensure collective accountability of the Board to the Shareholders of the Bank and ensure adherence to all applicable regulatory requirements for Boards (e.g. of the Companies Code 2019, and Bank’s Guidelines)
• Provide oversight and independent perspectives on the implementation of the Bank’s strategy, vision and policies
• Advise management of its responsibilities for the governance of the organisation, its financial stability and the most appropriate use of funds
• Overseeing the maintenance of the Bank’s communication and information dissemination policy
• Ensures that the Bank submits its mandatory reports in line with regulatory requirements
• Oversee continuous improvement and innovation through relevant research and digitisation
• Review and approve the overall internal control framework of the Bank and monitor its effectiveness
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of 20 years’ relevant experience with Executive Management experience and a blend of exposure in development financing, financial services, governments, and the public sector
• A degree in Economics, Finance, Business (e.g. MBA), Accounting, Law, or Engineering
• Relevant professional certifications & membership professional associations in Ghana or abroad will be an added advantage
• Evidence of previous Board experience in a large sized organization
• Demonstrable experience in providing leadership in a financial services organisation in a developing economy
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of local, regional economic market forces as well as legal and regulatory environment within the country and sub-region
• Ability to provide independent judgement, and to challenge decisions and assumptions made by the rest of the group
• Excellent stakeholder engagement, networking, and collaborative skills.
People and Performance Management
• Establish performance expectations and review the performance of the Chief Executive Officer
• Oversee the design and operation of the Bank’s compensation system, monitor and review the system to ensure that it is aligned with the desired risk culture and risk appetite of the Bank.
• Ensure Succession Planning and the appointment, training, remuneration and replacement of Board members and senior management
• Provide oversight over leadership of the Bank to ensure that appropriate decisions are made, and corporate assets are used in the best interest of the institution.
• Ensure a corporate culture and environment that enables management and staff to carry out the business of the Bank in a professional manner, independent of any undue external influences
• Facilitate mobilisation of the necessary resources (i.e. financial, human, material, digital, etc.) to enable the institution to meet its objectives.
How To Apply
To apply, interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
The role being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Closing Date: 06 November, 2020