We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Cargo Sales team in Accra as Cargo Sales Executive supporting Accra and Abidjan.
Job Title: Cargo Sales Executive
Generate maximum cargo sales in order to meet or exceed the set revenue/tonnage target for stations and to provide customer service in sales & operational areas liaising with Ground Handling Agents at stations and with Head Office, Cargo department.
- Generate maximum cargo sales to meet /exceed annual set revenue/tonnage targets by visiting cargo agents, telesales and by promotional activities To be provided by stations the current years target and the % of increase or stations to be provided compared to the previous year
- Assist customers/clients with all information related to booking/forwarding/delivery liaising with local Ground Handling Agents and with Head Office Cargo department to ensure./enhance a satisfactory service provided by QR. Approximate no. of clients/movement of shipments/query to be given here
- Distribute QR promotional items, circulars, memos and announcements to the agents/freight forwarders to provide information on QR products & service
- Arrange and deliver necessary cargo stationeries, forms and labels to GHA and appointed sales agents to have smooth handling and comply with regulations
- Maintain a close coordination between QR Space Control and customers by ensuring their shipments are transferred, delivered on time, correct priority given to shipments and for maximum utilization of space on the a/c. Proper flight planning for (no. of flights at stations and the set tonnage target for stations)
- Prepare, the Monthly Marketing Report for the sales achieved at stations and hand over to responsible person to capture information and to monitor, take corrective action to achieve the set sales/revenue target for the year. Monthly once (DATE TO BE FIXED BY STATION DEPENDING UPON HO, CARGO /FINANCE DEPT REQUIREMENT)
- Co-ordinate with customers/Cargo Claims Supervisor at Head Office and forward all necessary claim documents, handle discrepancies at stations and in all administrative issues related to stations. Fixed time to be given as target(e.g. claim files to reach within 7 days or 10 days)
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Train and develop other employees, to ensure succession planning is in place.
- Trade or Diploma or Associate Degree or equivalent
- 4 years of job-related experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Strong negotiation and good communication skills.
- Command of English language (knowledge of French will be an added advantage)