Qatar Charity (QC) – a Doha based INGO – is one of the largest charity organizations in the Gulf and is actively working in Ghana to respond to humanitarian and developmental needs in the country. In Ghana, QC is more focused on health projects, social protection, education, water, and sanitation.
Job Title: Field Officer
- Reporting To: Projects Officer/Programs Manager
- Base Location: Accra, Ghana
- Application Deadline: March 24, 2020
- Duration: 1-year renewable based on fund availability
- Vacancy Type: National
Qatar Charity is recruiting a Field Officer in Accra to assist in the implementation of different types of projects. The Field Officer is a full-time position reporting to the Projects Officer/Programs Manager. s/he is responsible for supervising QC ongoing projects to ensure that all projects are in accordance with specifications, designs and the approved and allocated budget.
Main Job Duties
Under direct supervision of the Projects Officer/Programs Manager, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for the technical aspects of QC construction projects;
- Collect quotations from different vendors and supplies for different items required
- Organize tenders and all related activities and documents as and when requested
- Conduct field visits to the ongoing QC projects and prepare reports accordingly;
- Help in revising cost estimates provided by different implementing partners;
- Help in the preparation of all project reports, budget reviews, analysis, etc.
- Helps in drafting contracts with different partners as and when required;
- In collaboration with the social welfare department select beneficiaries for income-generating projects
- Responsible for documentation of all projects implemented by QC and has to ensure quality pictures and videos are taken
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of seasonal projects
- Coordinate with different partners and ensure timely implementation of projects
- Any other assignments were given by direct supervisors
The post is based in Accra, with frequent visits to different project locations nationwide for monitoring purposes.
Required Skills or Experience
- Preferably 1-3 years of successful and verifiable experience in monitoring and evaluation of a reputable NGO
- Must possess a degree or qualification in the related discipline;
- Ability to collect and analyze data;
- Communication and negotiating skills;
- Willingness to travel to rural areas;
- Excellent market knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills to ensure effective working relationships with colleagues and external partners including governmental institutions;
- The ability for teamwork and problem solving oriented;
- Ability to meet deadlines, achieve results and work with minimal day to day supervision;
- Willing to contribute and adhere to the safety requirements.
- Must be well-groomed and have a pleasing personality
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office
- Speaking and writing the Arabic language is a must since all electronic systems are in Arabic
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Excellent level of reading, writing and speaking the English language.
- Excellent level of reading, writing and speaking the Arabic language
How To Apply
To apply, please send your CV, salary history, 3 professional references (e-mail address and phone number) and a motivation letter explaining how you fulfill the requirements for this position to the following email: [email protected] on or before March 24, 2020.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Recruitment can be finalized whenever a suitable candidate pops up.
- CVs can be submitted either in Arabic or English.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered including those received after the deadline.
- The email subject line MUST include the following: Field Officer.