Posted on :
24 Apr, 2019
24 Apr, 2019
QAL is an innovative commercial ‘angel’ investor that seeks to propel Ghanaian start-ups but also restore promising businesses through strategic partnerships that exceed expectations.At Quick Angels, we invest in both potential and existing Ghanaian entrepreneurs by leveraging on our rich experience, strong business networking and expertise to provide strong financial returns (ROI) to entrepreneurs. As a newly incorporated company,the following vacancies are opened to qualified Ghanaians to apply.
Job Title: Finance & Administrative Manager
• Reporting to the CEO/MD
• Providing leadership to the Finance Department in developing and managing the financial and accounting systems, policies, procedures and reports that are appropriate for the users in accordance with highest professional standards and in line with the vision and strategic objectives of the company.
• Ensuring compliance to the company’s financial reporting policies and internal controls
• Ensuring regulatory, statutory and administrative compliance with relevant laws such as Tax Laws, social security and other industry specific regulations if any.
• Participate and contribute knowledge and experience to build management team’s capacity
• Managing all other functions in Finance, Accounting and administration departments.
• Supervision of Non-current Assets Register administration
• Evaluating capital expenditure proposal, advising on the viability of the various capital projects as well as playing very vital role in corporate strategy formulation.
• Contribute to strategic planning and organizational management as a member of the executive management committee as a team player in providing expert advice and support to the Management Team on finance and accounting issues.
• Support financial planning, risk management and value for money work within the company.
• Forecasting cash flow positions and available funds for investment with the objective of ensuring that sufficient funds are available to meet on going operational and capital investment requirements
• Establishing budgeting and budgeting control, policies, systems, and procedures and ensuring their proper implementation.
• Reporting to management on variances from established budget, the reasons for the variances and recommending corrective actions.
• Establishing and regularly reviewing cost control mechanisms and ensuring that expenses are monitored in line with set budgets.
• Continuously developing and training departmental Heads to prepare, implement and evaluate budgetary performance through standard budget preparation and monitoring tools.
• Ensuring the preparation of monthly, quarterly Management Accounts and other necessary reports as may be required from time to time.
• Producing annual financial statements in compliance with statutory, regulatory and IFRS mandates
• Maintain web-based accounting system (PROVISO) for the management of Quick Angels Limited’s financial and administrative activities
• Interpreting the Company’s financial results to Management and recommending improvement activities.
• Reviewing the companies’ bottlenecks and recommending corrective actions to improve the overall level of Company’s throughput.
• Compiling key business metrics and reporting on them to Management.
• Managing the capital budgeting process using relevant investment appraisal models considering emerging constraints.
• Providing analytical and financial information support for new initiatives and projects
• Shall be in charge of supervising the activities of all human resource functions such as recruitment, training, Employee benefits administration among others
• Supervision of all administrative functions
• Tax planning and ensuring compliance with the relevant tax laws
• Advising Management on tax related issues
• Always working with the Internal Auditors in strengthening internal controls
• Implement internal and external audit recommendations
• Regularly reviewing the entities procurement and inventory management policies and procedures in line with best practice.
• Shall be in charge of indirect procurement functions.
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc. Administration; preferably accounting option
• A qualified accountant and a Member of institute of chartered accountant Ghana
• Master in Business Administration shall be an added advantage
• 10 years working experience with at least 5 years in an investment company and at a Senior Management position
How to Apply
CV and cover letter should be sent to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 08 May, 2019