Posted on :
24 Aug, 2017
24 Aug, 2017
• Oversee the management of electronic and/or paper-based information;
• Identify the most appropriate records management resources;
• Design and develop filing systems, business classification schemes and undertake records surveys;
• Set up and review documenting records systems;
• Establish retention and disposal schedules;
• Advise on new records management policies, providing a framework to guide your staff in the management of their records and use of the employer’s records system;
• Standardise information sources throughout an organisation or group of organisations;
• Manage the changeover from paper to electronic records management systems;
• Respond to information enquiries, giving appropriate access to information;
• Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations;
• Advise on complex legal and regulatory issues, often involving judgements in areas such as the freedom of information act and other national or regional legislation;
• Preserve corporate memory and heritage;
• Manage budgets and resources;
• Train and supervise records staff.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant must hold a first degree in related field and must have at least 2 years working experience.
• Knowledge in Information Technology will be an added advantage.
• Strong communication skills to deal with senior colleagues, suppliers and contractors;
• Negotiation skills to persuade senior colleagues to follow agreed record storing guidelines;
• Problem-solving and analytical skills to develop an understanding of how your organisation works and build integrated records systems;
• Good project management and organisational skills;
• A good grasp of new technology to use and adapt to new it packages and systems;
• An awareness of information management principles and familiarity with information systems and archives and pays attention to detail;
• Flexibility to get involved in all aspects of information provision.
How to Apply For the Job
Kindly send C.V.s or call:
0501-255835 / 0541-430756
Closing Date: 23 September, 2017