Rays of Hope Centre, a successful and vibrant mid-range Christian Catholic NGO providing support and hope to marginalised children from the streets of Ashaiman and its environs, is seeking to employ an experienced, passionate Executive Director to move our organisation forward and lead it to become sustainable within the next years.
Job Title: Executive Director
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all centres and projects of our organization, ensuring that we are operating efficiently and effectively to meet our goals.
- In this role, you will be the face of our NGO, working closely with the Board of Directors (to whom you are accountable and report to), as well as government officials and the public.
- You will ensure that staff members are aligned with the organisation’s mission and vision and that we are working together to successfully achieve strategic objectives.
- Our main sites of operation are First Contact Place (FCP), Ashaiman and Welfare Empowerment and Mobility Centre (WEM), Ayikuma.
- Our organisation has a close-knit culture in which we place a high priority of communication, recognition and collaboration. We are in search of an Executive Director who is aligned with our culture and will continue to enhance it through positive leadership.
Required Skills or Experience
- University degree in a related field
- Three (3) or more years of progressive management experience in a voluntary sector organization
- Empathy in children/youth from broken homes who spent part of their young life on the streets and experience in handling their needs & demands
- Leadership and Management skills as they relate to non-profit/ voluntary organisations covering the fields of Communication, Human Resources, Financial Management and Project Management
- Knowledge of statutory and legislative requirements applicable to voluntary sector organisations
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization
- Proficiency in the use of computers for Word processing, Financial Management, E-Mail, Internet
- Readiness to work in an office environment as well as other non-standard workplaces
- Readiness to work a standard work week, but additionally evening, weekends, and overtime hours to accommodate activities such as Board meetings and representing the organisation at public events
How to Apply
Interested persons should submit their application at the Office in FCP or send it to [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application letter stating your reasons/motivation why you will like to work with us at ROHC and your CV.
Your certificates will be required at the time of interview.